Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time magazine rates Roadster as #2 on 50 top inventions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the upcoming Time magazine will list the Roadster as #2 in the 50 best innovations of 2008. According to the San Francisco Chronicle:
Time Magazine ranks top 50 inventions

Impracticality seemed no barrier to inclusion, which would explain the second-place ranking of the Tesla Roadster.

The $100,000 battery-powered sports car roared into prominence last year, then went idle when a factory was put on hold. But, said Time, "Even if the Roadster turns out to be a one-hit wonder, it's been a hell of an (electric) ride."

It is unclear how much of that is the Chronicle, and how much of that is Time. But it is a disturbing trend I have been seeing this week. Many articles essentially proclaiming that the Roadster has been put on hold. I have also seen reports proclaiming Tesla motors have fired half of its employees. Soon I expect to start seeing reports that Tesla itself went out of business.

The Time article itself is finally posted:

2. The Tesla Roadster - TIME's Best Inventions of 2008 - TIME

inv_roadster.jpg

After years of setbacks and shake-ups, the first Tesla Roadsters were delivered to customers this year. Reviews have been ecstatic, but Tesla Motors has been hit hard by the financial crisis. Plans to develop an affordable electric sedan have been put on hold, and Tesla is laying off employees. But even if the Roadster turns out to be a one-hit wonder, it's been a hell of an (electric) ride.