Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, just got this text message and scheduled delivery for next week on the 5th. Weird cause just made the update to carbon interior yesterday AM, so hopefully the car shows up with that option

Attachments

• ABFF740C-47C2-482E-AE27-07B28E335498.png
    ABFF740C-47C2-482E-AE27-07B28E335498.png
    413.6 KB · Views: 75
I ordered 4/27 and as of today still have the Edit Design link available on the right side of the overview page (the page that loads after clicking on Manage). I wasn't seeing any automatic price adjustment on mine, so I finally clicked on the edit link this morning and submitted the exact same config. That updated the price without changing my RN or order date so I assume I didn't "lose my place" in the VIN-assignment waiting list. That seems to be the easiest way to do it assuming the edit link is still available.

I noticed that the price breakdown in the payment section didn't automatically update immediately after submitting the edit (the car price was updated but the tax and total section were still showing the old numbers). I logged out and gave it a few minutes, received the confirmation email from Tesla that my order was modified, logged back in and the amounts are all correct now. In my case it decreased the total price by Can$1582 (incl. tax).

I don't have the Edit Design link available anymore. Glad that worked for you. I will try to contact my Sales Advisor again. Thanks for the reply.

May I suggest using a copy of your current auto insurance card to move to the next steps. Most companies automatically insure new cars purchased in the last 30 days realizing you need time to get the VIN, Tag and other information. I just scanned in my current card, as did the Sales Center to that moved the process forward to the next page. Hope that helps. You will need the same card for delivery.

Reactions: AliceBabor
My Tesla page was just updated to allow me to submit final payment. My VIN does not show on the page, but if I view source I found the VIN and it is 180xxx. Quite a jump! Hopefully this means the car is already done and I'll be able to schedule delivery soon.

Great New Cmdr. How long ago did you order.... trying to gauge whether I will make by June 30th. Thanks.

Tesla just updated my account page to submit ACH payment, so I did that. Hopefully this means my VIN and delivery date is close. My wall charger has been installed and is ready to go. ;)

Rumor has it you can search your vehicle page's source code for the VIN now (look for 5YJ in the F12 source code tools), but I haven't confirmed that firsthand.

The only thing I found that has that code in it is
Code:
 * Request Callback.
     * Form:
     *   - tesla_request_callback_form
     * Url:
     *   - /inventory/callback/5YJXCAE4XGF*****

I did a search on that number on a VIN database, and it did come up with a result showing Model X Tesla, but it shows as a P90D. The numbers have changed to Long and Standard ranges. So I wonder if the new Long Range Performance is a P90 and not a P100. Or it could also be some placeholder and not the actual VIN.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Zaxxon
Hello BlueBadger,
Congratulations! If I may, where are you from? I live in California and placed my order a day after you. Just trying to figure out a timeframe. Thanks

Northern Ohio.

I did call my delivery center about 7-10 days after my order just to ask a couple questions. No one picked up, so I left a message and they called me the next day. Otherwise, no one has contacted me about my order until I got the text that my car was ready and a pickup date/time was scheduled. Hopefully you’ll have yours soon!

Northern Ohio.

I did call my delivery center about 7-10 days after my order just to ask a couple questions. No one picked up, so I left a message and they called me the next day. Otherwise, no one has contacted me about my order until I got the text that my car was ready and a pickup date/time was scheduled. Hopefully you’ll have yours soon!

@BlueBadger Could you please add the information to the form here that populates a spreadsheet that tracks delivery timelines?