Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of phone calls 3 hours off...Anyone have a solution?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping someone might be able to figure this out or lend some ideas. Thanks.

I have not yet called Tesla about the issue.

I live on the east coast. When I use the phone app, the times are off by 3 hours. For example, my car says 1:15pm, phone 1:15pm but if i got a call 15 minutes before (at 1pm) then the phone call registers at 4pm.

I have reset the main screen once but that doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.

I additionally have turned off the phone as well - odd thing is the time of the phone is right.

Hoping someone might be able to figure this out or lend some ideas. Thanks.

I have not yet called Tesla about the issue.

I live on the east coast. When I use the phone app, the times are off by 3 hours. For example, my car says 1:15pm, phone 1:15pm but if i got a call 15 minutes before (at 1pm) then the phone call registers at 4pm.

I have reset the main screen once but that doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.

I additionally have turned off the phone as well - odd thing is the time of the phone is right.

I have the same issue with two phones. Both know they're on east coast time, and the S knows it's on east coast time, but it must assume the phones are in California. So my call history is three hours into the future.

Mine's been like that since day one. I told the local Service Center Tech's about it back in October and they've been puzzling it on occasion but tell me there's nothing in the system screens that shows a clock, so it's an embedded FW bug.

BTW, last time I looked mine was now 4 hours out since the DST change.

Last edited:
I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but I noticed today that this issue is resolved. I installed the latest 4.5 patch (xx54) last night so that could have done it or it might have happened earlier and I just didn't notice. Anyway, one more issue fixed. Thanks, Tesla.