TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Time to buy Tesla Stock?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Surfer, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Surfer

Surfer Member

Apparently it takes more than just a battery, electric motor and ROCK HARD TINY SEATING to defeat Tesla. I think value of the Tesla name and design ability is very apple-ish. Amazing. I remember walking by Apple stores about 15 years ago and seeing $.99 song sign hanging and scoffing at Apple. They will shut down like the "Gateway Stores". I think Tesla is a $1000 stock.

Bolts are piling up!

GM extends shutdown at Michigan plant as unsold Chevy Bolts keep piling up

2. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

If Tesla could make their cars in China for $45 and sell then for $40,000, then they could be like Apple and justify their stock price.

• Funny x 2
  3. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

This is unfortunate. I personally hope that GM sees success with the Bolt. It's a shame that they didn't give the car a bit more pizzazz.

4. Surfer

Surfer Member

Based on visual design alone and the horrendous Bolt seats, its no contest. Also Tesla vs Chevy name plate? Hello! Tesla is like Porsche 10-30 years ago, the dreams of young boys and girls.

5. Surfer

Surfer Member

I had GMC diesel truck and a Corvette, lots of pizzazz. Its obvious their heart is not in selling EV's. They want to sell trucks and huge SUV's. GMC knows how to make good cars now, why make the Bolt so undesirable?

• Like x 1
  6. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Seems to be a bit overvalued at the moment. So no. I'd wait for a dip. If there ever is one. Maybe someone will start a fake fire again. ;)