Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to configure. Imagine the Model X Design Studio.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm definitely hoping for new paint options. The model S colors are mostly too dark and staid, imho. That Tesla has indicated they're marketing this model more towards women makes me hopeful in this regard.

Other than exterior color I'd probably go with the larger battery, not the P version, 19" cyclone wheels, gray interior, matte trim, a wall connector, Primacy tires. Kind of waffling on the dual chargers. Our home setup would be on a 50A circuit so the only time we'd need it is at a J1772 station that had more than 40 amps available. That's a rare duck so probably not worth it. The performance should be plenty good so I have no real lust for the performance adds.

Because.....?

AtariPacManM(b,c,e).jpg

Ms._Pac-Man_Maze_Madness_Coverart.png

Or…. Google image-search "Oscar Couples".

Last edited:
S85 (or maybe larger if offered, depending on price)
Third row
Base wheels
Tech Pkg
Obeche Matte

Probably:
Air Susp
Leather (want to sit in it first, didn't hate textile)
Stereo Upgrade (might consider aftermarket)
Some kind of paint protection
Towing package

Prob Not:
Performance
LED package (seems a little pricey for what you get)
Center Console

I hope that the pictures of the 17 inch screen that I have seen are not pictures of the actual production vehicles. The screen needs to be more intagrated into the dash like the Model S, not something that looks like an after thought.

I thought that was quite nice for an SUV, it gives that plausible look of being able to take it out of the car and use it as an electronic map when you're out in the wilderness. so I think they should keep the semi detached look, very much in tune with the idea of the free spirited group of people that were intended to buy SUVs in the first place.

My config (EU Reservation # 2025) would be:
- Parking assist' steering assist, Adaptive Cruise control (and possibility for later upgrade to semi autonomous drive)
- S100/S85 (Thinking about P, but will probably use this as part of the model III invest ;-) )
- Glass/Panorama roof
- Reasonable good Audio system
- Hoping for 4G and DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcast)

- - - Updated - - -

Frenchly the dashboard design of the S was my only point of critic to that car. The S is still the best car in the world - unless the X will be available. But i also prefer the current X display design, it is somehow younger and fresher. I hope i will confirm that after delivery next year ;-)
-------------------------
X Reservation EU 2025

I thought that was quite nice for an SUV, it gives that plausible look of being able to take it out of the car and use it as an electronic map when you're out in the wilderness. so I think they should keep the semi detached look, very much in tune with the idea of the free spirited group of people that were intended to buy SUVs in the first place.

Very novel idea, I'd love that!

Further more, to take it out in the wilderness, I'd like to see some convenience options for using Model X to go camping: 360 degree rotating chairs, fully removable 2nd and third row to fit two bikes (preferably standing up), as well as a Queen-size mattress pad. Power outlets in frunk and trunk for refridgerator, electric cooktop, etc. Folding solar panels w/ large enough surface to be able to fully charge the battery within 6 hours of sun. Water tank hooked up to built-in vanity cabinet and sink. Heck, why not a shower option: shower head with drop down curtains built into the falcon-wing door (when open).

Ps. I realize most of these will probably have to be after market options. How many will take their SUV's into the wilderness for Teslo to be bothered with these type of offerings?

Last edited:
Very novel idea, I'd love that!

Further more, to take it out in the wilderness, I'd like to see some convenience options for using Model X to go camping: 360 degree rotating chairs, fully removable 2nd and third row to fit two bikes (preferably standing up), as well as a Queen-size mattress pad. Power outlets in frunk and trunk for refridgerator, electric cooktop, etc. Folding solar panels w/ large enough surface to be able to fully charge the battery within 6 hours of sun. Water tank hooked up to built-in vanity cabinet and sink. Heck, why not a shower option: shower head with drop down curtains built into the falcon-wing door (when open).

Ps. I realize most of these will probably have to be after market options. How many will take their SUV's into the wilderness for Teslo to be bothered with these type of offerings?

I think you're looking for an RV

Maxed-Out Model X with Assumed Options

Starting to get excited now with factory shutdown for $100M retooling to increase S production and add X production capability. It's been a long wait probably will be 3 years when I finally get my X, since I reserved it on day one (Feb. 10, 2012).

We couldn't buy a Model S because of the limited headroom in the back seat for our clients (per my real estate broker wife). It's been frustrating living in Fremont hills overlooking the factory, and driving by it sometimes on Friday afternoons to avoid the parking lot traffic on I-880 (sorry, Elon!), gazing over as I pass the Tesla Test Track hoping to see a Model X in camouflage and disappointed so far to always see 3-4 Model S' instead. At least I bought TSLA after touring the factory in 2011 for the Model S Test Ride Event and that's been fun to watch. Looking forward to an invitation to return to the factory for test rides in the Model X later this year at the production-final model's unveiling.

Our Model X will be maxed-out because I plan to keep it for a very long time and always max anyways since I enjoy the latest tech gadgets. I'll take the liberty of assuming options I think should be available, too:

• P85[110] with no + because I want smaller wheels so I don't burn through tires, subject to change depending on wheel/tire sizes
  • White or Pearl White (to please my wife - and this paint color lasts the longest)
  • Grey Performance Seats (because that's cooler than Black parked under the sun)
  • 3rd Row Seat Bench
  • Carbon Fiber Decor (or whatever is most durable)
  • all-glass panoramic roof, if available and sunlight is controllable
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler (only if still in P edition)
  • Tesla Red Brake Calipers (only if still in P edition)
  • dual chargers (will re-visit this when the time comes)
  • wall connector
  • Tech Package
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Fog Lamps
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound
  • Alcantara Headliner (if still in P edition)
  • Alcantara Upper Dashboard Trim (if still in P edition)
  • Premium Interior Lighting
  • Subzero Weather Package - this really should be standard in an SUV! (for Lake Tahoe)
  • Parcel Shelf (if X has one?)
  • 19" Cyclone Wheels with Michelin Primacy(?) Winter Mud+Snow Tires (equivalent larger X size)
  • Towing Package for my bicycle rack

New Option Packages I Would Select If Available: (all from my 2014 E 350)
  1. Lighting Package: Adaptive Highbeam Assist, Full-LED Headlamps w/Active Curve & Corner Illumination
  2. Parking Assist Package: PARKTRONIC w/Active Parking Assist, Surround View Camera System (it finds spaces and parallel parks itself you just press the accelerator pedal and brake when done)
  3. Driver Assistance Package: DISTRONIC PLUS(R) with Steering Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist, BAS PLUS(R) with Cross-Traffic Assist, PRE-SAFE PLUS(R), PRE-SAFE(R) Brake with Pedestrian Recognition

(Benz MSRP is $1,500 for Lighting Pkg; $1,290 for Parking Assist Pkg; and $2,800 for Driver Assistance Pkg, but my capitalized cost is always below dealer cost including their "holdback".)

The Surround View Camera System is great so you don't get curb rash when parking. It works up to 19 mph. Google it if you're curious about it. On the huge Tesla LCD, it would be just awesome. Hope they include it with side cameras instead of mirrors.

Tesla has had plenty of time to incorporate all this Benz stuff they have the I.P. for into their software architecture and the Tesla Touchscreen. I expect to see most of it in a refresh of Model S option packages that appears around the same time Model X is introduced. I'm hoping Model X at least comes with an option to get all the sensors you need for autopilot driving mode, with the software to enable it downloaded whenever it's stable.

The minimum technology not found on Model S today that I absolutely MUST HAVE in the Model X is:

- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Automatic Parallel Parking (since it's a large vehicle)
- Active Blind Spot Assist [almost a must have]

The automatic braking feature when an impending crash is detected and the Tesla driver doesn't brake would be great to see because it would save lives, especially since most other vehicles (except trucks) lose when hit by a Tesla.

If I think of anything else, I'll update my post.

OT: 2014 Benz "Active Lane Keeping Assist" is defective - really useless - a class action lawsuit just waiting to happen. A green steering wheel icon is displayed in the center of the dashboard display when it thinks it can steer your vehicle. It does so for awhile, then inevitably it slowly drifts over and across the next line marker. When that happens, the green is replaced by an orange steering wheel icon with two hands gripping the wheel. Unless you're staring down at the display between the steering wheel, which is inherently unsafe, you won't know the system has just failed. Since they don't have updates via wireless download, they can't patch their alpha-quality software unless you take it in to a service center. Totally useless and a big disappointment tech-wise (not that I wanted the car to steer itself on the freeway since I'm old-school and would rather do that myself).

[*]P85[110] with no + because I want smaller wheels so I don't burn through tires, subject to change depending on wheel/tire sizes
[*]...
[/LIST]

Suggestion for you engle, though this is likely to cost you a fair bit of coin; figure out a way to get an extended test drive in a Model S P85 and a Model S P85+. Tesla has inflicted this on me in the form of 2 different loaner cars at two different annual maintenance cycles for the Roadster. This will prove to be an expensive side-by-side test driving experience, as the upgraded suspension is now on my shopping list for the Model X.

Specifically, when accelerating hard in the P85, the car would sometimes feel a bit floaty to me. I don't like that feel, especially driving the Roadster. The P85+ takes that away - the car continues feeling rock solid even when accelerating hard. I've read others comment that the + suspension was too hard for them - felt like they were getting beaten up in the car. We clearly have different standards, as the P85+ felt soft as a feather to me.

Then again, I've also grown accustomed to the Roadster and dodging manhole covers, so it's possible that my perceptions are the ones that are warped.

Anyway - you have enough time to compare what one of these are like with and without the upgraded suspension. You'll only regret making the comparison if you'll regret spending the extra money :)

And if needed, you can always look into getting a smaller set of wheels for your + package Model X if they aren't otherwise available. Seems like there's always somebody looking for the bigger sized wheels if we have the same dynamic with the X that we have today with the S.