Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to press Pause on order waiting for Battery Day + new Gigafactory announcements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I think would go VERY far with current and future owners is a promise that upgraded battery packs will be made available to all current vehicles with new battery technology where we get a prorated credit for recycling the existing pack and getting a return on the investment of upgrading to new packs with new tech, boosting range and/or performance while increasing the value of our vehicles and extending their lives.
I don't think that's in Tesla's DNA.

Reactions: NY_Rob
What I think would go VERY far with current and future owners is a promise that upgraded battery packs will be made available to all current vehicles with new battery technology where we get a prorated credit for recycling the existing pack and getting a return on the investment of upgrading to new packs with new tech, boosting range and/or performance while increasing the value of our vehicles and extending their lives.

Did you watch the YT vid in post #8 above?

SS

Did you watch the YT vid in post #8 above?

SS

I had watched about 22 minutes of it...just kept watching and made it to 29 minutes where they suggest this same concept and I wholeheartedly agree.

Existing vehicle values wouldn't tank, IMO, if there was an understanding that for say....5-10k you could get the upgraded pack. It would not be worth the same as a model that already had the new pack, but it wouldn't tank as much as I would assume it would without that option available.

Tesla is currently battery constrained. IF they make the new batteries available in existing models (which I doubt), it will be to provide the same range at lower part cost. In US in particular no incentive to lower price at this time. I would expect CT to get it first, thus my orders for those.