Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to Put on the (Ugly) Stickers in CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the application on PPF, cut to fit. You can purchase the pre-cut ones for around $14 online, or make your own:

Hope that most people would assume that the sticker is applied directly to the car and won't peel off nicely. I don't understand why some of the cars featured in TV commercials show placement on the front bumper and fender! (Toyota?)

I don't understand why some of the cars featured in TV commercials show placement on the front bumper and fender! (Toyota?)

Because for the red ones you are supposed to put one in the front? I am thinking they are going to start setting up automatic system to compare your sticker number to your license plate number to see if you really own those stickers. Starting next year, a few hundred thousands cars are losing their stickers for good and it would be very tempting to steal someone else stickers for some people.

For those who only put on the “rear”: Does this mean you put just the small decal on the rear bumper or did you also put the 2 larger decals on the rear quarter panels? Meaning did you put on 1 sticker or 3?
I did just the small one, like in this pic (Credit to poster AEDennis), on the lower bumper on a piece of XPEL with another piece of XPEL covering it. 4 years, haven't been hassled for not having the other stickers on. And yes, I've had cops right behind me in the carpool lane.

14046181968_538a8acb37_z-jpg.83077

View attachment 421345 I have a red Model S and red stickers in the glove box. I just can’t bring myself to put them on, even if they do match. But maybe I should.
Beautiful Model S. Look 5 posts above yours (post #29). Just put that one small sticker in that location. Not on the paint, very low, rather unobtrusive. Yeah, it violates the instructions that you have to put on 4 stickers, but I drove for nearly 5 years with just that one sticker on it, and the cops never pulled me over for not having the other stickers.

Pro Tip: Put the sticker on sandwiched between 2 layers of XPEL. Makes removing it a snap. Nothing is uglier than seeing the remnants of expired carpool lane stickers that were difficult to peel off.

Beautiful Model S. Look 5 posts above yours (post #29). Just put that one small sticker in that location. Not on the paint, very low, rather unobtrusive. Yeah, it violates the instructions that you have to put on 4 stickers, but I drove for nearly 5 years with just that one sticker on it, and the cops never pulled me over for not having the other stickers.

Pro Tip: Put the sticker on sandwiched between 2 layers of XPEL. Makes removing it a snap. Nothing is uglier than seeing the remnants of expired carpool lane stickers that were difficult to peel off.
Nothing is uglier except for the damn sticker itself that is.