Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to receive contract from an order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, maybe a strange title, but maybe my description will help.

How long is typical from deposit on a vehicle to hear from the credit team and receive a payment contract from them? Last Mon (6 days ago), I put $2500 down to lock in a floor/demo 90D that had been discounted recently. Credit application had already been submitted for a new lease and I was told everything was fine before putting down the deposit.

Now MyTesla account show the car/VIN on my account, but I have not heard received an actual contract detailing the financials of the lease and MyTesla account doesn't show my credit application as complete or attached to my account. I've spoke to my OA about daily and he tells me this is nothing to worry about. I'm wondering if this is typical for Tesla or if the recent price drops/configuration changes have delayed completion of my contract.

I was told 2-3 weeks for delivery, I'm starting to wonder if my car will get here before my lease contact does. I've been given an estimate of my payment, but not an actual concrete number, which seems atypical.

I ordered a demo 90D on 7/15 and was supposed to take delivery yesterday 7/27. Got an email on 7/25 saying that delivery is not going to happen and the car hasn't even left the dealership its coming from. Oh, and no one has any idea when it will actually ship. I guess this is what you get dealing with a smaller car company--extremely irritating but oh well. For $2,000 i expect faster shipping.

I originally bought a 90 before transferring to a 75D after the options changed. They'd told me delivery was going to be delayed on anything coming from the East Coast as there is a problem with eastern logistics.

That reveal was part of what I used to get them to transfer my deposit with a penalty.

I originally bought a 90 before transferring to a 75D after the options changed. They'd told me delivery was going to be delayed on anything coming from the East Coast as there is a problem with eastern logistics.

That reveal was part of what I used to get them to transfer my deposit with a penalty.

Mine is still at the original showroom now 12 days after my deposit. It is also on the east coast. Not sure if the problem you are referencing is causing the same issue.

I hope they got the penalty, not you.