Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to replace the P85D but not excited about any of the options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85DL with warranty set to expire in Dec. It is only AP1, but that is fine for me. I too enjoy the open roof. I searched for a 2016/2017 P100DL to fit my needs but the prices are too high for the small differences of things I gain compared to features lost. In the end, I decided to keep my car. It has been relatively problem free up to its currently approx 100k miles. (wheel bearing and suspension parts, mainly). As someone posted above, I ordered a 100kWh upgrade from 057tech. This allows more performance over the P85DL, faster charging, and longer range. While the upgrade was not inexpensive, I'll save some of that on taxes, insurance, premium connectivity, free supercharging, etc etc. I know its not much, but it'll help to 'update' the car that I have cared well for over the past years. I'm happy with the car, its in good shape, its just gettin older. It has the roof, plus suspension, 'next gen' front/rear seats, and a color combo I like. I also really liked the Ioniq5, but I would miss the tesla charging network that I've been spoiled by in the past.
Hey how much was the 100 pack for your p85d? Did you have ludicrous prior to the upgraded pack? Thanks

I have a P85DL with warranty set to expire in Dec. It is only AP1, but that is fine for me. I too enjoy the open roof. I searched for a 2016/2017 P100DL to fit my needs but the prices are too high for the small differences of things I gain compared to features lost. In the end, I decided to keep my car. It has been relatively problem free up to its currently approx 100k miles. (wheel bearing and suspension parts, mainly). As someone posted above, I ordered a 100kWh upgrade from 057tech. This allows more performance over the P85DL, faster charging, and longer range. While the upgrade was not inexpensive, I'll save some of that on taxes, insurance, premium connectivity, free supercharging, etc etc. I know its not much, but it'll help to 'update' the car that I have cared well for over the past years. I'm happy with the car, its in good shape, its just gettin older. It has the roof, plus suspension, 'next gen' front/rear seats, and a color combo I like. I also really liked the Ioniq5, but I would miss the tesla charging network that I've been spoiled by in the past.
Could you share how the 100 kWh upgrade worked out. Any issues with supercharging? Do you have e MCU1 or 2. Air suspension?