Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to Shop for Winter Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've had a recent snow fall here near Georgian Bay and I went out to try my new Pirelli's that I bought on Tesla's special at $2700. These are poor in snowy conditions stalling forward progress on three separate trys on hills all under 5%. The Nokia Hakka R2 does not seem to be available from Kal tire for the balance of this winter season. Is there another source for these tires in Canada? Does anyone have experience with the Michelin X-Ice 3's ?

As I mentioned in another thread, Tesla has given me no grief whatsoever working on my car with Nokians in the winter or with my Rial rims in summer. Had alignments, rotations etc. and was not asked to sign a waiver. We're some being denied service or something?

We've had a recent snow fall here near Georgian Bay and I went out to try my new Pirelli's that I bought on Tesla's special at $2700. These are poor in snowy conditions stalling forward progress on three separate trys on hills all under 5%. The Nokia Hakka R2 does not seem to be available from Kal tire for the balance of this winter season. Is there another source for these tires in Canada? Does anyone have experience with the Michelin X-Ice 3's ?

I have the X-ice 3 on my Model S and the Volt. They are much better than the Pirelli's.

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in responding to those that have expressed interest in my winter tires - I've not had any chance to come onto the forum to check messages!
So...I still have base wheels for sale, new and never used (I keep switching over to my Aero Rims during tire swaps). If anyone is interested in purchasing them, I'll leave them at the Toronto Service Centre for pick up.
Make an offer via PM and we'll work out the details.

I must report that the combination of the stock rims and Nokian Hakka R2 makes a huge difference. I compare it to my last winter with regular all season tires and this is like night and day.

WP_20141105_004.jpg

WP_20141105_005.jpg