Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time to upgrade? (CPO talk)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DMan

Apr 20, 2016
WA
I picked up a CPO 2013 S85 in the fall of 2017 with the idea of having it for a year or two and then moving on to a Model 3 or another CPO Model S. I have a very early build (6xxx) and am missing things like parking sensors and auto fold mirrors which I did not know were missing until I took delivery because these options are not individually listed.

I always keep an eye on the CPO inventory and it seems like Tesla is making a huge push with over 700 CPO models on the website, normally there are only 100-200. I just paid my $700 registration fee a couple of months ago so the smart thing for me to do would be to wait until next spring/summer to start looking (my car only came with a 2 year warranty). No one has a crystal ball but I'm wondering if I'll have as much choice if I wait and how depreciation will be like in 6-8 months. Got my eye on a 2015 85D that is local to me and has all the bells and whistles.

Talk me out of it!! (or into it) ;)

Sweet Jesus, why!? Not even Maryland sticks it to you that hard. Is it refundable? I know some states will refund it within a certain time frame if you move out of state or sell the car.

You may want to make an inquiry or place the deposit soon before someone else does.

It's that sweet RTA tax our county just rolled out a couple of years ago to pay for light rail. About 80% of tab fees are just the RTA tax alone. Prior to the light rail approval my tabs would have been around $150 + $150 EV fee.

Sucks that you can't talk to anyone about CPO cars. There is literally ONE person in the Pacific Northwest region who is in charge of CPO sales and they are so busy they hardly return emails or phone calls. You basically have to click the "Buy" button to get any attention.

Last edited: