Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time Until Inspection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My install was finished for Solar Roof 11 days ago and all communications with Tesla has gone to crickets. The roof installer project manager hasn't answered my email in a week. I asked the electrical engineers when they were on site and they said usually around 2-3 days to inspection.

I logged online into my account to see where my status is and apparently Tesla never received approval from the utility (not PTO, pre-installation approval). Not even the install status is marked as finished. Lol? I'm one of the first in my county (Brevard) to get the solar roof or in general any Tesla Solar product.

Anyone in FL can provide their experience with how long it took from finish to get inspected?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.16.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.16.32 AM.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 85
My install was finished for Solar Roof 11 days ago and all communications with Tesla has gone to crickets. The roof installer project manager hasn't answered my email in a week. I asked the electrical engineers when they were on site and they said usually around 2-3 days to inspection.

I logged online into my account to see where my status is and apparently Tesla never received approval from the utility (not PTO, pre-installation approval). Not even the install status is marked as finished. Lol? I'm one of the first in my county (Brevard) to get the solar roof or in general any Tesla Solar product.

Anyone in FL can provide their experience with how long it took from finish to get inspected?
I am also in Brevard(Suntree), had my solar roof installed in April/May and FPL doesnt require pre-approval. Because of the freedom of information act, Brevard County publishes all permit information publicly on their web page: Planning & Development Citizen Access. It looks like you are the the person in Merrit Island. If that is true, your brevard county inspection is next up and still needs to be schedule. Tesla is suppose to schedule this, but if you really have issues you technically could call and schedule it yourself with the BC Planning & Development Office. Looks like Tesla uploaded your final "as-built" plans on 9/2/21 and they just need to call and schedule the final.

If you need more details or have questions feel free to send me a PM.

1631126101713.png

Reactions: ericl
I am in CA, just called Tesla to asked them what is going on with the inspection. Not only that, but they need to replace my breaker, the original one was bad out of the box, so they installed some that I can at least power the system. Something that would take 10mins to replace. My install (solar panel + PWs) was on 8/24 2wks ago, and if I didn't call them ,they wouldn't even schedule to replace the breaker, as they can't even get inspection to pass without. I realized that the only way to get you project moving is to keep calling them and have them do the request when you are on the phone. So I will be calling them again next week after the breaker is replaced to have them schedule inspection.

I am also in Brevard(Suntree), had my solar roof installed in April/May and FPL doesnt require pre-approval. Because of the freedom of information act, Brevard County publishes all permit information publicly on their web page: Planning & Development Citizen Access. It looks like you are the the person in Merrit Island. If that is true, your brevard county inspection is next up and still needs to be schedule. Tesla is suppose to schedule this, but if you really have issues you technically could call and schedule it yourself with the BC Planning & Development Office. Looks like Tesla uploaded your final "as-built" plans on 9/2/21 and they just need to call and schedule the final.

If you need more details or have questions feel free to send me a PM.

View attachment 706755
I think the issue we are encountering is my hot water heater is not 3ft from the panel lol; its too close and I think Tesla wants to move my hot water heater.