Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time Zones Not Updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just returned from a 3800 mile round trip from Kentucky to Colorado - three time zones involved. My Model X stayed on Eastern Time for the entire trip. I reported this as a bug and hope there is an update that will fix it. I know this was working okay in June because I took a trip into the Central Time Zone at that time and although it was slow to do so, it changed to CT and back during that trip. Anyone experiencing similar behavior?

Edit: Yes; I did multiple reboots.

This happens to me consistently when transitioning from Pacific to Mountain - it just stays on Pacific. Going between Mountain and Central, or from Mountain to Pacific (when it was correctly on Mountain because it had been in Central since the last time it was in Pacific), it works fine. I haven't bothered to contact the service center yet since it's a minor annoyance.

I had this same issue back in May. After multiple reboots I called the service center, if I recall correctly, just press and hold on the time indicator for around 3 or 4 seconds, maybe 5, and it will reset to your current time zone.
Thanks! Confirmed this does fix issue was coming from eastern and was currently in central when finding this post. Held down until the sunburst goes around finger and the time synd moments later.