Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you order, at least a Model Y Performance, know that the website says Sept.-Oct., but once you’re done filling everything out and giving an order fee, your app will say late Nov-end of Dec. This maybe acceptable to many on the forum because of the demand for the vehicle, but this doesn’t change the fact that it is unacceptable behavior. We have cars we have to make arrangements to trade/sell. And financing to acquire. With the used car market softening and rates increasing, we could be talking thousands of dollars in losses. Just be honest with time and I’ll be the judge of my personal risk.

Attachments

• 1D043EFF-A696-4664-9CA1-06CBC523201E.png
    1D043EFF-A696-4664-9CA1-06CBC523201E.png
    500.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 13D63765-2A6A-4E1A-987D-A1295090F347.jpeg
    13D63765-2A6A-4E1A-987D-A1295090F347.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 79
Interesting - I placed an order for the similar car you did (MSM, black interior) yesterday and I'm getting 9/25-10/4
It could be that I have white interior with a tow package. But as I make changes to the options, the date should change. Just like before when the date got shorter, bc you spent more money. I feel like Tesla got a little too complacent with their customer’s leniency.

Or it could be that one of you is close to the Fremont factory and is eligible for End of Quarter deliveries for folks close by. The other is on the east coast and requires rail transport in addition other trucking prior delivery. There is no way that the website can know all the details (like location) when it is giving a rough estimate of delivery for prospective buyers.

Reactions: arbitrage000
If you order, at least a Model Y Performance, know that the website says Sept.-Oct., but once you’re done filling everything out and giving an order fee, your app will say late Nov-end of Dec. This maybe acceptable to many on the forum because of the demand for the vehicle, but this doesn’t change the fact that it is unacceptable behavior. We have cars we have to make arrangements to trade/sell. And financing to acquire. With the used car market softening and rates increasing, we could be talking thousands of dollars in losses. Just be honest with time and I’ll be the judge of my personal risk.
the first is generic date provided as a guide, the second is an estimate based on your configuration.
Both of which are estimates not contracted or guaranteed dates.

Thousands of globally sourced components means a fluid delivery time - at a time when component shortages continue to hit every car company, you won't get anything different from any other manufacturer. This isn't a Tesla only thing.

Or it could be that one of you is close to the Fremont factory and is eligible for End of Quarter deliveries for folks close by. The other is on the east coast and requires rail transport in addition other trucking prior delivery. There is no way that the website can know all the details (like location) when it is giving a rough estimate of delivery for prospective buyers.
^This is it for sure. That guy with Sep-Oct is CA...Tesla will try for EOQ. If they miss that EOQ then that date will be pushed out similar to the OP or maybe a little earlier due to CA vs PA location.

Reactions: Midlifecrisis5