Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timeline for Referrals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first of our referrals was delivered almost 11 weeks ago and the toy Tesla we picked out has not yet been sent to us. Is this normal? Is there something I need to do?
Did you actually order it? If so, then it’s between you and the Radio Flyer, just to be clear. Tesla just has a deal with them to furnish the ‘coupons’ to people.

They also may be backlogged with orders for the new ‘refreshed’ design since I believe all new ones are coming that way.

The toy teslas are backlogged. Depending on the color you could get it next month or next year.

If you want the nosecone version to match a classic car, contact them as they still had some left on request the last I heard.

The toy teslas are backlogged. Depending on the color you could get it next month or next year.

If you want the nosecone version to match a classic car, contact them as they still had some left on request the last I heard.
Well now you think about it that makes sense since every first referral gets one! Probably one reason they came up with an alternate 1st prize.

I bought my car in September and got it delivered in October. Having had referral from a good friend, I gave his details to Tesla and they put it in their system. 2 months now on and nothing from them. I have contacted Tesla several times and each time they referred me to another department until I escalated the issue from my Tesla site. I got contacted by Tesla and a few notes were exchanged but no solution. They said several times the referrer would receive an email with instructions on how to claim the car but nothing received by him. I chased it up a several more times but nothing. No one gives any answer.

It is very embarrassing for me and I am thinking of buying one from the site and just send it to my friend.

After all I got 1000 off the price of the car as well as life time free charger. If I buy one for him, I still have about 500 saving plus no embarrassment.

Has anyone have the same experience?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

My 2¢: When you used your friend's referral code you did him a favor.... Not the other way around. You owe him nothing. Feel 0 guilt for how long it takes him to get the car. There are 10,000's who would have loved it had you used their code.
Thank you for your message. Well I also benefited from 1000 discount as well as lifetime free supercharge. I am not sure if the favour was one way only. In any event, my problem is more lack of response and proper action by Tesla plus lack of knowledge from rep. The rep did not even know what the process to claim the toy was was and only when I escalated the issue, I was told by some other employees that the referrer should have received an email to make a claim. But so far no email and no message to him.