Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timeline of 5.5 Years of Model S Ownership

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley
Here is an interesting EV ownership satisfaction survey from JD Power... with the Model S leading the pack.

Survey shows EV owners will not go back to gas, brand loyalty is a bit ‘fickle,’ and Tesla leads (electrek.co)

2021005a.jpeg

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2020
Arkansas
Reactions: FlatSix911

FoxSTL2HOU

Nov 12, 2018
HOU
Did you pay for PTC heater failure?
My car is in warranty and they are charging me 3600 dollars for PTC heater replacement and charger system exchange.
No, both instances were covered under the limited warranty.

Did they give an explanation on why the limited warranty would not apply?

Tigers

Mar 10, 2020
Amazon Rain Forest
Curious to see how refreshed Model S cars will be in comparison. This is technically the first real "refresh" of the car, even though I understand Tesla makes on going change and I'm sure a 2019 Model S looks nothing like a 2013 Model S underneath.

However, rumor is they are using megacasting for front and rear for the first time, new 12v battery that's supposed to last longer. New BMS, new chemistry, new physical battery architecture (but not new cells). With everything they've learned from Model 3 being mass produced and with warranty repairs, combined with Model S - have they found solutions that can translate from the Model 3 to Model S, and have they identified fixed the majority of warranty-related issues with the current Model S?

The Model S has had no competition in the electric sedan space its entire history. Now, within a year, it will have to compete with the Taycan, BMW I4, Audi RS etron GT, Lucid Air and whatever the Mercedes product is called.

Will shoppers go back to the legacy OEMs in hopes of higher quality/reliability?

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC