TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

timeline once I have the vin

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Dan Utah, May 14, 2018.

1. Dan Utah

Dan Utah Member

I just noticed there is a VIN under my profile in the Tesla account. How long will it take me to get the car now that I have my VIN.

2. xKRSx

xKRSx Member

As per Tesla FAQ page, a VIN gets assigned about a month and a half before the vehicle is scheduled to start production.

3. Leftysmasher

Leftysmasher Member

Speak to your DS they will be able to tell you

4. manyarg

manyarg Member

Better yet, look at the google spreadsheet. Look for orders that happened at about the same time as yours and/or orders from your same location. This should give you a better picture of the time it will actually take.

5. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

I ordered last Friday, Confirmed yesterday (Mon). VIN assigned today (Tue). Guaranteed, hell and high water pulled out to deliver by end of the quarter (Jun-30). We'll see :)

6. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Same I’m mid June with an order date of 5/4. They are pushing hard to move these in June.

7. rms57

rms57 Member

The google spreadsheet is great, but by no means the holy grail. Just stay in touch with your DS. The estimates people provide are averages based on experience and the data out there. Honestly, every case is different. Some are a little different. Some are very different. I made the mistake of assuming things would go as promised. Everything ended up fine, but I'm not sure everyone is as patient or understanding. Don't be bashful about reaching out and be even less bashful about making requests/demands if things start to seem off.

In the end, most people are doing their best and the final product is honestly awesome. It's a great vehicle and I'm hoping all of you get your cars on time or even before scheduled. It's not easy waiting, but it's worth it!

8. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

It took me a while to realize but veteran TMC members told me earlier that Tesla does end of quarter deliveries in the US and beginning of quarter overseas. This being the case, the average timeline in the spreadsheet doesn’t make much sense for an individual order. Your timeline depends on whether you order at the beginning of a quarter vs closer to the end of the quarter. In both cases, your delivery in the US will just be a few days apart in the last month of the quarter.

9. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

FWIW, I got my car roughly 5 weeks after placing the order. YMMV

10. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Took from beginning of April until next week for me.