Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timeout for this moderator :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you get back, you can have all my reputation points so that you can still make progress towards getting your pony from the catalog. (Although, it probably won't amount very many.)
Meanwhile, you'll be missed a great deal.

Ah, what a shame! Here's an idea for you, Bonnie: I hope you've already logged off, and have re-logged on as "Farmer John" or some such.

And to think I had taken your name in vain just a day ago. Now I may never know if you'll ever have found that post. Darn.

Good luck! Hope to see you back soon!

Audie

Not many appreciate how much time and effort is required to keep things together here. Things have been especially nutty lately and it's easy to get burned out. We ask members to please contribute positively to the forum and follow the instructions from moderators.

Bonnie,

I greatly appreciate your work here, and the other moderators as well. You will be missed, and I look forward for your return.

Best wishes to you.

GSP

Bonnie, I am going to say differently.

I think you should stay and not yield to the bad elements. If every time good folks leave the system, pretty soon this will become a lawless wild wasteland. This is a private forum/property and you guys set the rules and everyone is expected to follow. If they don't like it, they can leave.

Many many folks have enjoyed and learnt enormously from this forum, and it is in no small part to the effort you and other moderators have put in. We all owe something back in return and that will be our support to help you put the bad elements in their place.

As they say, 'don't yield to the terrorists'.

Bonnie, I am going to say differently.

I think you should stay and not yield to the bad elements. If every time good folks leave the system, pretty soon this will become a lawless wild wasteland. This is a private forum/property and you guys set the rules and everyone is expected to follow. If they don't like it, they can leave.

Many many folks have enjoyed and learnt enormously from this forum, and it is in no small part to the effort you and other moderators have put in. We all owe something back in return and that will be our support to help you put the bad elements in their place.

As they say, 'don't yield to the terrorists'.
I'd like to second this thought.

Personally, I'd have no problem at all with the moderators being a bit more insistent on pleasant behavior, moving in the boundaries of the envelope. While a wide range of opinions and ideas are essential for a forum like this to be useful, there's never a need for personal attacks or nastiness. Perhaps the Broken Window Theory applies to forums as well, insist on polite conversations and that becomes the norm.

And even if on occasions if a moderator was a bit heavy handed than usual, so what ? This is a very difficult job, primarily because it is subjective.

Those situations are similar to the teachers giving timeouts for the whole class and there will be innocents caught up in that.