Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timer Schedule

neilrlsmith

Jul 16, 2016
London
Am i write in thinking that you can only set a delayed start time? You cannot set a charge duration or a charge stop time? If that's the case, that's pretty easy software upgrade I would have thought!

Thanks.

neilrlsmith

Jul 16, 2016
London
Thanks. I have signed up for that but it's an eyesore UI. I did find the schedule but could only see hrs and mins for start time not end time or duration.

z06tim

Sep 10, 2019
Maryland
Here is a screenshot of my setup. It goes in order of ID number and not in order you see. I leave at 7:20am each morning and have the last 10 percent thrown in the battery right before I leave. I also set it to have the heat kick on 3 mins before I leave.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 17

neilrlsmith

Jul 16, 2016
London
This is really helpful - thank you. I just need to charge between 12:30am and 4:30am. So does this look right :)

Attachments

• Doc4.pdf
    211.9 KB · Views: 7

z06tim

Sep 10, 2019
Maryland
This is really helpful - thank you. I just need to charge between 12:30am and 4:30am. So does this look right :)
Yup, That will work. Obviously if you reach your charge limit before 4:30am, it will cut off at the limit set in the car.

Also, you may want to make sure the start time set in the car is set to 12:30am. Technically you could just set 1 rule in teslafi. The cutoff at 4:30am. Your car is probably already set to a start time im assuming

neilrlsmith

Jul 16, 2016
London
Thats true. Use the car to start and teslafi to stop. So just one entry. Is that it? Do I need to do anything in the car to make teslafi work. I must admint it all seems a bit like magic as I have no idea how it's managing the software!

z06tim

Sep 10, 2019
Maryland
Thats true. Use the car to start and teslafi to stop. So just one entry. Is that it? Do I need to do anything in the car to make teslafi work. I must admint it all seems a bit like magic as I have no idea how it's managing the software!
Nope, nothing else to do except for that 1 Teslafi rule. As long at teslafi is able to talk to your car, it will execute that command at 4:30

Also, if you go to support and then raw data feed in teslafi, you can see what your car is doing every minute. Tomorrow take a look at that feed and scroll down to 4:30am and see what it does

neilrlsmith

Jul 16, 2016
London
So test this, I've plugged my car in and teslafi just has one paramter which is to start in one hour. So how come my car starts chariging as soon as the cable connects?

z06tim

Sep 10, 2019
Maryland
So test this, I've plugged my car in and teslafi just has one paramter which is to start in one hour. So how come my car starts chariging as soon as the cable connects?
Teslafi isn't controlling that, your car is. What time did you plug it in and what time is your cars charging start time?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC