TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Times different between instrument panel & touch screen

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jamieb, Mar 19, 2014.

1. jamieb

jamieb Member

Noticed something weird this morning - the times displayed on the instrument panel and the touch screen were out of synch by about 45 seconds. They'd always been in exact synch previously, turning over together with the top of the hour 'beep' on BBC radio, so I thought they were locked together to the GPS signal. Apparently not. Haven't re-set the displays to see if this fixes it, but I was surprised to find the difference. Recently had the OTA update to 5.8.10. Any thoughts?

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Yes, I have noticed this also but my conclusion is that it happens when you enter warp speed. The space-time continuum is bent infinitesimally allowing the flux capacitor to...Yeah...I have no idea.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Clock on the center screen is run by the center screen / MCU. Clock on the instrument display is run by that processing unit. They generally stay in sync via NTP but occasionally can get out of whack. It should correct over time or on a reboot.

4. eepic

eepic Member

sir, you have made my day :)

5. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

And you might want to reboot both the displays, rather than just the centre one.