Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timing & delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my white on white Y LR, 5 seats, on 2/20/23. At the time, the app said April - June. Then, within about a week after purchase it clarified dates to April 27-June 6. I planned around that time period. Yesterday I opened my app and it now says the last week in March! I have two cars to sell, and with the original plan had lots of time to do so. Now, I'm feeling quite rushed. One of the cars (my main down payment) is awaiting a correction on the title - and DMV timeline is 2-4 weeks (which again would have been fine with the April 27-June 6 timeline), so I can do nothing with that vehicle till the corrected title arrives. Early is normally good, but in my case it is stressing me out big time! My main car (for now) will be the car I need to sell first. It is a suv, the other car a 2 seater and not a car for the weather we've been having these days (which is why I wanted to sell that one first). I tried talking to a service advisor yesterday, and he was absolutely of no help (actually quite rude). He said they give you five days to pick up the car. That is it. Only other option is canceling and going to the end of the line and then he had to go and the call was over. Maybe I caught him on a bad day... super frustrating.

My question:
1. When will I get a VIN and the MVPA so I can obtain financing and insurance?
2. What is the best way to pay and how far in advance should this be done?
3. Is it true there is no other option - (I was happy with my original time period)?
4. Pros and cons of Tesla insurance?

Thanks in advance for any and all information!

I ordered my white on white Y LR, 5 seats, on 2/20/23. At the time, the app said April - June. Then, within about a week after purchase it clarified dates to April 27-June 6. I planned around that time period. Yesterday I opened my app and it now says the last week in March! I have two cars to sell, and with the original plan had lots of time to do so. Now, I'm feeling quite rushed. One of the cars (my main down payment) is awaiting a correction on the title - and DMV timeline is 2-4 weeks (which again would have been fine with the April 27-June 6 timeline), so I can do nothing with that vehicle till the corrected title arrives. Early is normally good, but in my case it is stressing me out big time! My main car (for now) will be the car I need to sell first. It is a suv, the other car a 2 seater and not a car for the weather we've been having these days (which is why I wanted to sell that one first). I tried talking to a service advisor yesterday, and he was absolutely of no help (actually quite rude). He said they give you five days to pick up the car. That is it. Only other option is canceling and going to the end of the line and then he had to go and the call was over. Maybe I caught him on a bad day... super frustrating.

My question:
1. When will I get a VIN and the MVPA so I can obtain financing and insurance?
2. What is the best way to pay and how far in advance should this be done?
3. Is it true there is no other option - (I was happy with my original time period)?
4. Pros and cons of Tesla insurance?

Thanks in advance for any and all information!
OD 3/3 Model Y: Midnight silver/white interior, 5 seater
Delivery 5/8-6/13
Last week I got a text: Delivery date was set for 3/29 but no VIN,
but then pushed back to 5/1-11.
This morning I replied back to the phone number and asked why my date was pushed back. They said that I would be notified once a VIN is assigned and delivery schedule. Less then an hour later I saw in the Tesla app that a VIN was assigned. 5mins later, I got a text and email to schedule my delivery day. About an hour later I got a call from a guy at Tesla in Rocklin, CA verifying my configuration, payment option, trade-in, delivery day/time. He told me to have the cashiers check made out to Tesla Inc.
Picking up the car Thursday 4/6.

Upvote 0