Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timing for HPWC shipping?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Notwithstanding the terrible delivery issues and radio silence I have been having with trying to sechedule delivery of my 3, I ordered the HPWC from the Tesla website about 2 weeks ago. I received an initial confirmation of the order with a note that I will be advised when it ships. Since then, more radio silence. Absolutely nothing. How long does it take to process the order (forget about how long it may take to actually arrive).
Anyone with recent experience on time delay between playing the order online and seeing some movement / shipping / delivery?
This whole process is becoming very “unsettling”.
TIA (thanx in advance).

Please tell me it is all worth it once the car arrives.
Worth it. I have had my car for 3 weeks now and it is outstanding. I live in San Jose and picked my car up in Fremont right near the factory. Yes they need to improve the CS experience - we also have an X and pre Model 3 CS was actually pretty awesome, but they are clearly slammed with the Model 3 and they need to improve again I agree - they have acknowledged that. However you drive around Fremont and you see the 1000s of cars in lots on on tractor trailers for delivery and you can appreciate the magnitude of the challenge.

Again I think the car is worth it.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
You are invoiced from Lawrence but it ships from Newark California I believe.

Yes that was the case, my mistake not shipped from Toronto but California - was curious and checked the tracking.

Telsa shipped it from California (picked up by FedEx) 50 minutes after I ordered it and it was delivered to my door 2 days later on Monday morning.

Just wish the car arrived that quickly!

Reactions: akidesir
Hi guys (and gals),

I have a bit of an odd request related to HPWC installation. Does anyone who has had their charger installed have the black metal mounting bracket (plate) that comes with the unit (but is often not used for mounting). When my unit was installed the electrician did not use it.
I used my bracket as additional protection for a cage that I have to protect a GoPro camera used to record hockey games (The cage protects the camera from getting crushed by speeding pucks). I have included a picture of the set up. I'm looking for another mounting bracket (plate) to reinforce a second cage. If you have one, I could really use it (if you have no use for it). Please DM me if you can help me out.

Thanks,

André
IMG_6916.JPG

Hi - I've had the total opposite experience. Ordered my HWPC on Wednesday, and it arrived this morning. I received order confirmation right away and then shipping confirmation within 24hrs. I've been very happy!

Hi guys (and gals),

I have a bit of an odd request related to HPWC installation. Does anyone who has had their charger installed have the black metal mounting bracket (plate) that comes with the unit (but is often not used for mounting). When my unit was installed the electrician did not use it.
I used my bracket as additional protection for a cage that I have to protect a GoPro camera used to record hockey games (The cage protects the camera from getting crushed by speeding pucks). I have included a picture of the set up. I'm looking for another mounting bracket (plate) to reinforce a second cage. If you have one, I could really use it (if you have no use for it). Please DM me if you can help me out.

Thanks,

André
View attachment 336758
Tried getting one from Tesla? Could just say it didn’t appear to be in the box when you opened it. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Nygma51