Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timing for Model Y in June

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a LR Black/White interior Gemini on order, reserved unveil night (but added FSD 2 weeks ago). Can't take delivery until June due to house construction but don't think waiting til then to fill out the delivery info would be a good idea either. Any thoughts?

Honestly, it probably doesn't matter now unless they have one that is unsold in your area. The shutdown will go at least until the end of April, then ramping back up with suppliers and everything else. I'm sure that even if you forego one right now, lets say postpone delivery and they give it away, I don't think your wait will be that long since I don't imagine there is a massive line of people ready to shell out 60k for a car.

Yeah, I am sure all inventory is spoken for at this point. Any new cars probably won't be heading out until end of June is my guess. July probably more likely.

That's possible, but I think it is unlikely. Car manufacturing is an essential business, so Tesla can re-open as soon as practical. A large publicly traded company like Tesla will want to reopen the production line and ship for delivery as fast as possible.

Is there data supporting the "not many Gemini wheel configurations have been made" claim? Or is it that many have not been delivered yet vs. made?
In @Troy's Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker spreadsheet, out of the 173 MY's with delivery dates, 10 have Gemini wheels. I suspect due to the quarter-end sales push by Tesla, most of the cars they produced were delivered or have delivery dates set, except for those with unresolvable issues.

That's possible, but I think it is unlikely. Car manufacturing is an essential business, so Tesla can re-open as soon as practical. A large publicly traded company like Tesla will want to reopen the production line and ship for delivery as fast as possible.
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I could not agree more -- the country will be led into a full blown depression if people don't go back to work May 1... at least the young and healthy people.

Will the Tesla's factories and other manufacturer factories operate at 100% efficiency? Doubtful. Will they resume production, perhaps to 50% output with 50% of the usual workforce practicing social distancing, I have to imagine yes. Will we be able to dine out? Again, I imagine yes, but with restrictions -- 50% capacity restaurants?

As excited as I am for my MYP, I understand the current state of the country, of the world. Taking delivery of my new car isn't nearly as important as the health of others, but I hope for the sake of everyone we get things in motion shortly. Not sure how much more downtime the economy can take.

• Love
Reactions: Reborn
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I could not agree more -- the country will be led into a full blown depression if people don't go back to work May 1... at least the young and healthy people.

Will the Tesla's factories and other manufacturer factories operate at 100% efficiency? Doubtful. Will they resume production, perhaps to 50% output with 50% of the usual workforce practicing social distancing, I have to imagine yes. Will we be able to dine out? Again, I imagine yes, but with restrictions -- 50% capacity restaurants?

As excited as I am for my MYP, I understand the current state of the country, of the world. Taking delivery of my new car isn't nearly as important as the health of others, but I hope for the sake of everyone we get things in motion shortly. Not sure how much more downtime the economy can take.
This. I want a car as much as anyone, and I want tesla to get back to making cars, but not so much to get my car... But more so that it is a sign that we've turned the corner , and are getting back to a semblance of normalcy

Reactions: rxlawdude