Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Timing my trade-in

foyleswar

Jul 28, 2021
Virginia
Howdy,

I ordered a MY LR on 7/4. Initially had a trade-in but removed it to speed things up. Current EDD has been holding at 9/13 - 9/30.

My plan is to add the trade-in back at some point before delivery. I spoke to my SC (Richmond, VA) and they said I could add it just as soon as I had my title ready and to give them a call.

My concern is that I don't want to do anything to potentially slow down my order or put me to the back of the queue.

The question:
Should I follow their advice and get started with my trade-in now OR should I wait until I have a VIN?

Advice would be appreciated!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC