Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinkling sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a December 2019 M3P+ with 18,700 miles. I started to hear what I can best describe as a tinkling sound about a month ago. Definitely does not sound like a creak or groan. Not really a rattle either. It sounds like if you have some coins in a sock and were shaking it.

If anyone has had a bad speedometer cable that squeaked, that’s close to what this sounds like.

It seems to be coming from somewhere in the front passenger side and seems to happen when going over 60 mph.
Crazy thing is that it doesn’t seem to be related to road bumps.
Anyone else have anything like this or have any ideas?
Thanks.

I have a December 2019 M3P+ with 18,700 miles. I started to hear what I can best describe as a tinkling sound about a month ago. Definitely does not sound like a creak or groan. Not really a rattle either. It sounds like if you have some coins in a sock and were shaking it.

If anyone has had a bad speedometer cable that squeaked, that’s close to what this sounds like.

It seems to be coming from somewhere in the front passenger side and seems to happen when going over 60 mph.
Crazy thing is that it doesn’t seem to be related to road bumps.
Anyone else have anything like this or have any ideas?
Thanks.
Take a video man. These are so hard to give advice on especially with rattles or what not

Then have a friend drive, you sit in passenger and start trying to pin point to this sound.
Posting an update.
So the sound had been getting slightly louder and also seemed to start at lower speeds. At highway speeds, it was getting downright annoying even with radio on.
I narrowed it down to somewhere around the passenger door and thought it may be wind noise that’s getting transmitted.
So today, I wiped down the rubber seals around the passenger door clean and then applied thin coating of silicone grease.
So far, it seems to have solved the problem. No more noise!!!