Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint and Ceramic Coating pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking into the XPEL Prime XR Plus and have contacted the only isntaller in the Pasadena (91107) area.
He quoted me $1,325 for four regular windows, panoramic glass, hatchback glass.
Do you guys think this is fair?

Also, what do you guys think is a fair price for ceramic coating?
The same guy is quoting me $1,400 for full body, face of wheels, front 3 windows with Ceramic Pro 9H. (3 coats)
I know that I may need some paint correction. Another guy I spoke with said depending on the condition of the paint, it would be ... for Cquartz
$750 -One step machine polish and enhancement – designed to remove some very light surface scratches and enhance the color of the car before ceramic application.
$1,100 -Two step machine polish and enhancement – designed to remove some very light surface scratches and enhance the color of the car before ceramic application.
$1,500 for Three step machine polish and enhancement – designed to remove some very light surface scratches and enhance the color of the car before ceramic application.

Plus 150 for two more coats - total of 3 coats.

What are your thoughts?

I personally had ceramic pro 9h on my last car. I did not think it was great, it really only stayed slick like for about 6 months.

Do you have anyone in your area that installs Feynlab? I have that on my current model 3 and it’s holding up great even after a year. I have MSM and it really made the color pop even more and the slickness is still there. I had two coats put on for 800.

I just dropped mine off:

Formula One Stratos On all windows, roof and windshield is $1300.

Gtechnique ceramic coat including paint correction/clay block $1200, another $350 for wheels and calipers

Clear Front Bra plus all door jams-$2200

I think that’s too much for tint. I paid just over $1000 to include the front windshield along with a wrap in the center console

Attachments

• BF216F68-D462-4444-AE03-458311D489CB.jpeg
    BF216F68-D462-4444-AE03-458311D489CB.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 345
I just dropped mine off:

Formula One Stratos On all windows, roof and windshield is $1300.

Gtechnique ceramic coat including paint correction/clay block $1200, another $350 for wheels and calipers

Clear Front Bra plus all door jams-$2200
Thanks!
Your pricing seems pretty close to mine.
It seems like your Formula One Stratos' specs is pretty similar to the Prime XR Plus i'm trying to get.
Do you also live in California?
From what I looked around online, it seems like Southern California just costs more too.

Thanks!
Your pricing seems pretty close to mine.
It seems like your Formula One Stratos' specs is pretty similar to the Prime XR Plus i'm trying to get.
Do you also live in California?
From what I looked around online, it seems like Southern California just costs more too.

I'm in NC, I lived in Southern California for 10 years and yes everything cost more there.

Did your price include the pano roof? Good deal if it did. That’s was an extra $500 for me. Breakdown is 650 windows, 250 windshield and 500 roof for me

it does not include the roof as I did not have that tinted, seems good enough so far.

Wow that's pretty good pricing!
Where are you located?
I'm near Pasadena, Southern California

This was done in Colorado Springs

I've been looking into the XPEL Prime XR Plus and have contacted the only isntaller in the Pasadena (91107) area.
He quoted me $1,325 for four regular windows, panoramic glass, hatchback glass.
Do you guys think this is fair?

Also, what do you guys think is a fair price for ceramic coating?
The same guy is quoting me $1,400 for full body, face of wheels, front 3 windows with Ceramic Pro 9H. (3 coats)
I know that I may need some paint correction. Another guy I spoke with said depending on the condition of the paint, it would be ... for Cquartz
$750 -One step machine polish and enhancement – designed to remove some very light surface scratches and enhance the color of the car before ceramic application.
$1,100 -Two step machine polish and enhancement – designed to remove some very light surface scratches and enhance the color of the car before ceramic application.
$1,500 for Three step machine polish and enhancement – designed to remove some very light surface scratches and enhance the color of the car before ceramic application.

Plus 150 for two more coats - total of 3 coats.

What are your thoughts?
For Window Tint, you really should be looking at Spectra Photosync IRD Spectra PhotoSync IRD® | Prestige. The "IRD" line for Spectra Photosync launched last year and improved on what was already the best window tint in the industry. We've done comparision tests between all the major brands and Photosync has the best heat and IR blocking.

Being in Socal, you should check out Extreme Autowerks in Brea, Ca.
https://www.extremeautowerks.net/
Extreme Autowerks check out their social. Not sure if there is any other companies in the area that works on more Teslas.