Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint and Opticoat suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Group

I am getting my MS in a couple of weeks and I am looking tint and ceramic coat it.
Here is what Accutint in Bellevue, WA is offering me;

For Tint : Looking for 30%
Classic Film - $515
Pinnacle Film - $665
Stratos Film - $824
Llumar Air 80: - $665
Of the 4 options above please suggest the best option for heat reduction;

For Ceramic Coating
Opticoat Pro - $800
Opticoat Pro Plus - $1200
Ceramic Pro - No quote for it yet.
Which of the above is good.

Thanks
rsk

Any ceramic coating will work for a while... And that's it. How much you post for it is mostly related to how long you want to believe it will da nay good.
Think of it... If those things really worked well and lasted long, it would be a standard option for many brands.

• Informative
Reactions: thegooch49
Tint choices are a combination of specs and aesthetic preference.

I have used (FormulaOne) Pinnacle on 3 cars now (including my Model S) and love it. You can compare Pinnacle and Stratos performance spec here:

http://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/formulaonespecsheet.pdf

I really like the color of Pinnacle. It’s a grey tone which I prefer to some other brands that are a bit bronze-y or greenish.

The Air will let more heat through. It’s essentially clear and it’s for people who want some heat and radiation rejection but don’t like or want a colored tint.

I went with Pinnacle all around (4 windows and hatch) and then put Air on the windshield. Can’t tell it’s there on the windshield but it does further cut down on the already good factory windshield heat rejection.

Good tint + good installer = many years of satisfaction. My last car had Pinnacle on it for 10 years and with the exception of one 2” accidental scratch I caused myself, looked virtually identical to how it did when it was first tinted a decade earlier. Amazing. Good luck!

@rsk12 - I would also check Accutint in Sodo. Have had several cars done there and have always had great service and prices that are very competitive.

I got the formula one ceramic tint for $450 if I recall. Did that and XPEL (hood/fenders/bumper) at the same time.

PS-check the spelling of Seattle in your profile.

If you have the option, I’d consider Photosync for Tint - it actually darkens and lightens some as needed and block a huge amount of heat. For the ceramic coating, I went with Modesta for long term durability.

Both great choices. Photosync's performance is unmatched. In the Seattle area, you can contact these guys:

NorthWest Auto Salon
17410 Ash Way,
Lynnwood, WA 98037

Phone: (206) 920-9730
Email: [email protected]

They are very experienced in Tint and PPF. Let us know how it turns out.

I have Opticoat Pro and I am happy with it 20K miles and 1 year later. Birdpoop, dirt come off very easily which is good as I have to park outdoor under trees at work and I live in an area with hard water. Can't go wrong with it. They did a paint correction which seemed like an additional unnecessary expense at the time but I'm glad I did it as no swirl marks!

A year later I'm not sure if a) I need to even wax it b) if I want to wax it is it okay to do so (from what I'm reading it won't stick so at worst if it's just a waste of money I'm thinking I'll get an interior exterior detail done).

The rims are the dirtiest part of the car - I wonder if they can opticoat those or something (I will follow up with my guy). I used these guys in Orange County CA

For Tint I went with Suntek CIR Ceramic and very happy with it. 30%/20%

Ultimate Auto Care, LLC
UltimateShield.com
Sean Heiland
817 W Collins Ave
Orange CA 92867