TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

tint and wrap in the sacramento area?

Discussion in 'NorCal - Reno Tesla Owners (formerly SacArea)' started by jak, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jak

jak Member

Hi all,

I plan on confirming my purchase for a Model S in a couple of days.

Can anyone recommend a good place in the Sacramento area that can wrap the car in XPEL Ultimate as well tint my windows with Photosync tint?

2. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

I have used Genesis--they have locations in Elk Grove and Roseville. The work is top notch and lasts. I have only used them to install Pinnacle and Air Blue 80. I know they do Xpel, although have not installed that on any of my cars. Don;t know if they can do Photosync.

Omar

3. jak

jak Member

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

The first location is the one I have used, they also have a location on Sunrise somewhere.

5. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

I've also used Genesis for two of my cars for Pinnacle installation and I can highly recommend them for installation of tint. I have no experience with the body armor install.

6. jak

jak Member

I'm currently looking at Spectra PhotoSync given the reviews I've read. I've sent them an email to get a quote for full coverage and to see if there are any installers in the Sacramento area.

7. kwhftw

kwhftw Member

genesis has done three of my cars in the pinnacle and air blue 80 and they are AWESOME.

I had spectra on my cl65 from premier in fremont. it's amazing tint, but not worth double the price of the pinnacle.

8. detlefo

detlefo Member

I had my white Model S front wrapped by Gold Wurks of Rocklin CA. This is a husband and wife team trained and certified by XPEL. They primarily do dealer cars but will come to your house as their schedule permits. They did an amazingly meticulous job. You would think they were working on their own car, which by the way was a beautiful wrapped red Chevy. Their bid was comparable to other dealers but much to my surprise the included the lights and nose cone. They did the full front hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors. The result was flawless and you cannot tell that the car has been wrapped

9. palmer_md

palmer_md Member

Pictures?

10. detlefo

detlefo Member

I thought about posting some pictures, but they would just look like a shiny Tesla. Then again that is probably what you want to see, no trace of film. :smile: Just got back from the mountains and it needs a wash first. I'll post some asap.

11. jak

jak Member

Please do post some pics. I understand that Gold Wurks uses pre-cut templates and do the wrap at your house. I'm curious to know if you see traces of film (i.e. do they tuck the corners and edges or do you see the edges?). If you have parking sensors, I'm curious to know how they handled wrapping around the sensors.

Premier in Fremont uses ClearGuardX and the cost is much more expensive with them vs Gold Wurks. Even Photosync is expensive through Premier compared to other Photosync installers. And they're not local to the Sacramento area. Whether it's worth using Premier or the Sacramento locals... I dunno.

12. detlefo

detlefo Member

13. jak

jak Member

Very nice! I notice from the paint is that it looks just slightly bumpy when you get in close. I'm considering taking mine to a detailer first and see if they can polish it first before applying the wrap.

14. Kofi

Kofi Member

Genesis Tinting is definitely recommended for Sacramento/Roseville owners.

15. appearancesolutions

appearancesolutions Local Vendor - NorCal

• Like x 1
  16. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Had my tint and wrap done by Appearance Solutions. Meticulous, quality work at a fair price. Highly recommend them.

• Like x 1
  17. T_unicorn

T_unicorn New Member

I had my White Model S wrapped, opticoated and tinted by Appearance Solutions in Sacramento, off of Power Inn Road. Mike (the owner) goes above and beyond in terms of ensuring that all of your needs are met. The pricing is better than anything that you will receive in the Bay Area (I called around a few places).

• Like x 1
  18. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

Another happy customer of Mike Justice at Appearance Solutions. Mike did a great job and lives up to the hype. Got full body Xpel Ultimate, OptiCoat, Photosync window tint (35% rear hatch, 55% front and rear windows), powdercoating wheels (19" silver cyclones painted to look like the 21" gray turbines), and screen protector. Posting pics in the other thread.

• Like x 1
  19. uisynot

uisynot Member

I'm torn between appearance solutions and Genesis. Any other recommendations for either shop for tinting? And any thoughts on tint percentage? I was thinking of 10-20% on all rear Windows and 35% front Windows. Also, any recommendations as to the type of tint to use?

Thanks guys!

20. NevadacityMark

I just had my basic white s85 covered with the standard bikini XPEL bra in the Grass Valley/Nevada City Area. Marty with Koblis Ghost Guard did it for just $750... He's a perfectionist, just like me, and I was very impressed. I'm going to have him do my X when I FINALLY get it!