TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tint, Clear Bra, Ceramic

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by KingTito, Sep 6, 2018.

1. KingTito

KingTito Member

It started out as a tint and some Clear Bra on the front end. Got upsold to paint correction and ceramic and doing a little more clear bra - door edges, trunk lip, A pillars, etc. Oh well. I'm not usually a sucker but with a new car I apparently am! I think it turned out good. The tint is a little darker than legal but the white interior seems to brighten it up. I was more after reducing solar load.

Attached Files:

• Love x 1
  2. trunks13

trunks13 Member

What tint did you get on the side windows?

The white interior looks awesome!

3. paco878

paco878 Member

What level of tint did you go with? I'm considering only a 45 because as we get older, our Night Time vision isn't great anymore. Both my wife and I had lasik not to long ago and afterwards, I realized that night driving just wasn't something I wanted to do for any period of time. Our two current vehicles have fairly dark tent, 20s in the rear seat windows and back panes of glass and 30s at the front side windows.

At night, for me, the 20 is harder to see through. So I'm not sure I'm wanting to go that dark anymore. Your windows don't seem to be that dark.

We are also going to do a full car wrap. My Wife's daily commute is 110 miles round trip, mostly all highway. Her job's parking lot is open air, so between the Texas Sun, birds, pollen... whatever plagues our current vehicles, we want to protect the Model 3 once it gets delivered. We won't do the Ceramic Coating, but we will do paint correction before the PPF. We have had many people suggest this to us because we are getting the Default Black paint option. Lot of stories about swirl marks or scuffs in the paint from production and delivery.

4. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
    Looks great. The Tint doesn't appear too be that dark.

5. KingTito

KingTito Member

The tint is 40% Xpel XR ceramic

6. KingTito

KingTito Member

40% Xpel XR ceramic

7. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

8. KingTito

KingTito Member

I will reconfirm. I just texted my installer.

• Like x 1
  9. paco878

paco878 Member

Good, I like that transparency then. We will be doing Suntek CIR for the windows and i'm good with 45%. Maybe a bit lighter for the back glass.. not sure yet. Front Windshield will be an 80%.

10. KingTito

KingTito Member

I am not a tinting specification aficionado. However here is his text back:

Yeah they’re spec sheets aren’t completely updated. But it is indeed 45% so once it’s applied it will meter right around 40%

• Like x 1
  11. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

Cool, thanks! I wanted to know since I will be using that same brand of tint, so it helps to see photos! Thanks for checking Tito, I appreciate it!

And congrats on the new car!

12. KingTito

KingTito Member

If I’m understanding it correctly you are right, right? It’s actually the 45 XR, correct?

13. wbhokie

wbhokie Member

Correct, the Prime XR 45 Black is what you have based on the installer's response. He could have said 55 or 35 instead.