TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tint door windows, but not rear window?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by ratsbew, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

How would it look to tint the door windows, but not the rear windshield? I don't want a half job on the rear where I can see the line, but I also don't want the roof to be super dark.

2. racpuc

racpuc Member

Use the defrosting lines for the rear windshield to hide the tint lines or tint the entire back window. It's not too dark at 15%

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

That's what we are going to start out with.

4. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

It will look fine but you will hardly get any heat rejection, if that is a concern. I have mine whole rear window tinted and it is not too dark, even at night.

5. gambit48

gambit48 Member

"Not too dark" is subjective. You've seen my pictures, right?

Rear window tint - anyone done it?

That was taken around noonish on a 100+ degree day. Doesn't get brighter than that. To me, 35% on top of the factory tint is quite dark.

6. Altes

Altes Member

I have tinted all my cars windows at 35% inclding rear hatch it cuts down headlight glare at nght but you can still pick up headlights

7. jelly

jelly Member

The rear window is so small I wonder if heat transmission is significant, unless you are bringing the tint up to overlap the factory tint.

Front windshield is probably a significantly greater contributor to heat.

I'm also thinking of just doing the sides...