Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint in Southern Cali

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to do the whole car in either 3m Crystalline &IR or Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD. Personal experience opinions please, on tint AND shops.
My desire is for the windshield at 70% and the roof to be not see-thru from outside but I want to enjoy the view also without it getting hot in the car. Rear i want to be as dark as possible(3M Color Stable 5% or better lol) and the front windows darker than 3M Crystalline 40 but not too dark.

1.The PhotoSync IRD doesnt go dark than 30, but the hopefully with the built in color it is dark enough...
2. Crystalline 40 is too light for me, so if i went with the Crystalline I would do maybe the 3m IR 5% in the back and IR 25% for front 2 windows.

Prestige @ Extreme Autoworks
Sides and rear(30)=895
Windshield (70)= 395
Glass roof(30 or 45?)= 595

3M Crystalline @ Autoskinz
$1595 full car OTD
Windshield(70), 40 for the rest

I have 3m cystalline all around. 20 on front, 70 everywhere else. Wouldn't recommend 20 crystalline on front because of low angle haze. It does however have great heat rejection. Another tint worth looking at is xpel prime xr plus. Great specs similar to cystalline and photosync and it goes down to 5%.

I have 3m cystalline all around. 20 on front, 70 everywhere else. Wouldn't recommend 20 crystalline on front because of low angle haze. It does however have great heat rejection. Another tint worth looking at is xpel prime xr plus. Great specs similar to cystalline and photosync and it goes down to 5%.
Good to know. I didnt know they went down to 20 in the Crystalline now. I'll check out the xpel also.

Going to try them out. For their price i can get the full ceramic coast and change the woodgrain too.

How are their prices? I don't want to sink a lot more money into this car, but the prices at Extreme are just way off the chart. I will probably get this product (https://www.amazon.com/TAUTO-Tesla-...08X71H65G/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) to take care of the roof glass for 10% of the tinting cost since I am not really looking up through it anyway, and maybe look at Extreme for the side windows only since I'm more concerned with UV and skin risk than the car "looking" cool.

How are their prices? I don't want to sink a lot more money into this car, but the prices at Extreme are just way off the chart. I will probably get this product (https://www.amazon.com/TAUTO-Tesla-...08X71H65G/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) to take care of the roof glass for 10% of the tinting cost since I am not really looking up through it anyway, and maybe look at Extreme for the side windows only since I'm more concerned with UV and skin risk than the car "looking" cool.

Extreme Autoworks is pricey, but I was impressed with their work compared to other tint shops. I've had my cars tinted at Socal Tint (Chino), and Signature Tint (Costa Mesa) and all had minor issues.

Extreme Autoworks has other film that are more cost efficient if you're not looking for the photosync film.

We used Extreme Autowerks for our MX windshield a few years ago because very few other places would do it. My regular tint guy for more than 10 years could do the rest of the car. I think we used either a 20 or 30 photosync for the windshield and it was like $1100 just for it. Did they do a good job? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably not. Even though it does reduce a little of the heat, it produced a weird glare when the sun is at a certain angle. Since we had the car for a while before tinting it, the glare was not there before the tint. After a few years, I got used to the glare and don't really see it anymore. However, I don't think I would tint windshield again.

We used Extreme Autowerks for our MX windshield a few years ago because very few other places would do it. My regular tint guy for more than 10 years could do the rest of the car. I think we used either a 20 or 30 photosync for the windshield and it was like $1100 just for it. Did they do a good job? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably not. Even though it does reduce a little of the heat, it produced a weird glare when the sun is at a certain angle. Since we had the car for a while before tinting it, the glare was not there before the tint. After a few years, I got used to the glare and don't really see it anymore. However, I don't think I would tint windshield again.
20-30 photosync for the windshield? Isn't that dark? I got the clear one and haven't noticed any weird glare.

900 bucks for the whole car.