Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint job negligence - not sure what this stain is on the interior fabric and how to remove it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just got a tint on my sunroof and looks like the employees at the tint shop was a bit negligent and left some sort of black stain on the interior, fabric lining.

What is it and how do I get this off?

I've tried using 50/50 mix of vinegar and warm water and that didn't work. I also used isopropyl alcohol on a brush to try to get it off and that didn't work as well. Ended up staining the brush with the black material from the stain.

Thank you.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0464.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0464.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 160
  • thumbnail_IMG_0455.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0455.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 98
I am not sure what the stain is. When I have had dark stains or smudges on my headliner, I have used a dedicated carpet and upholstery cleaner such as this one from Mckees37:

I would spray the product on a soft microfiber towel and dab the stain gently with it. Good luck!

Reactions: TBrownTX
I see you’re in Orange County. What tint shop did you go to? You can DM me if you’d like

Edit: I noticed these marks are by where defrost wire is. If that’s the case, take the tint off before taking it to tesla. They’ll immediately void the warranty because of the tint.