Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint on Hatch Glass?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I know there are numerous tint threads, and unfortunately I haven't found my answer after searching for a while. I'm hoping someone can share their experience or thoughts as I should be taking delivery of my model Y soon.

I live in MN, so the winters are long and cold. However, I plan on tinting my MY. Does anyone know if the Model Y rear Hatch Glass suffers from the same cracking/defrosting strip damage that select Model 3's have had issues with? Or is the Hatch Glass good to tint? Any issues with the windshield as well?

Thanks in advance.

IME the IR rejection doesn’t help much. The sunroof has it and you can still feel the heat radiating down on your head. The problem is that the glass itself heats up and becomes a radiator so even if it doesn’t actually transmit the IR radiation you still heat up the car.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Thanks for the info!

Yes, there are quite a few that will pop up in the search, but they're mostly issues with cracks / burnt defroster as seen here:

Seems like the issues are specific to the Model 3. And, even then it seems like it's hit or miss.

I'm curious if anyone knows if the Model Y has its computers in the A Pillars like the Model 3?