Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint options with rear windows already smoked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was originally going to do 30% front windows and 20% back windows and rear... It just hit me that the rear windows are already kinda smoked blacked and thinking 20% would make it pitch or close to pitch black. Would my assumption be true?

I want privacy in the back but don't want something like 5% where it will be hard to see so I'm thinking maybe 20% front and 30% back to balance it out?

What tint % would y'all recommend?

I was originally going to do 30% front windows and 20% back windows and rear... It just hit me that the rear windows are already kinda smoked blacked and thinking 20% would make it pitch or close to pitch black. Would my assumption be true?

I want privacy in the back but don't want something like 5% where it will be hard to see so I'm thinking maybe 20% front and 30% back to balance it out?

What tint % would y'all recommend?
I'm just gonna do 30% in front and leave back windows alone, why waste the time and money.

Reactions: Frank N. Stein
Get some nano-cermaic (or equivalent) and look at the lighter shades like 50-70%. They still offer great heat rejection. Gone are the days that you had to get super-dark for good heat rejection. XPEL XR Plus, Spectra Photosync, 3m Crystalline, etc. are some brands you can look at.

You can pair this with darker tint up front if you want the same all-around look.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I did 30% front windows and 45% on rear windows it made the rear windows too dark. If get to do it again, I will choose 70% for the rear windows. With 45% on top of the factory tint, it is very hard to see out through them at night.