Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint pics from inside looking out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to get my window tinted and looked through the millions of tint threads but didn't see many pics from the inside looking out.

I know that if I tint the back windows 70% (Xpel XR), the closest match for the fronts will be 20%. I'd love to get a perfect color match front to back but I want to weigh that against nighttime visibility. I know if I go too dark, I won't hear the end of the complaints from my wife... (I'm also looking to do 70% on the windshield/trunk but from what I can tell, that makes little to no difference in terms of visibility, not sure if it'll darken the inside-out view of the front windows at all).

In the past, I daily drove a car for several years with a white interior and 35% tint on the fronts. The view at night was usually fine but it was borderline too dark for me if I was on a country road with no other cars or street lights nearby. I was wondering if anyone had pics of their 20%, 30% or 35% from the inside looking out? Bonus points if you have a white interior (not sure that matters or not) and if you have Xpel XR tints. Additional bonus points for both night and day pics!

Thanks so much!

Just did xpel prime plus on my MY. The stock windows are 20% from the factory. I did 70% on the hatch and rear windows then 20% on the front. The light meter at the shop had them all super close. The carbon tint is slick and certainly not too dark, even at night, from the inside. I did not do the roof or windshield. I can post pics later, but there’s plenty of youtube videos showing this option well…

Just did xpel prime plus on my MY. The stock windows are 20% from the factory. I did 70% on the hatch and rear windows then 20% on the front. The light meter at the shop had them all super close. The carbon tint is slick and certainly not too dark, even at night, from the inside. I did not do the roof or windshield. I can post pics later, but there’s plenty of youtube videos showing this option well…
I did the same. It is dark at night. Took a little bit to get used to but it was worth it for heat rejection. I didn’t do it for privacy but more to make sure the cabin was comfortable with all the glass.