Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint/PPF for Model 3 - Phoenix, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR at bottom

I recently purchased a 2020 Model 3 Performance and, just like a lot of owners in the Phoenix area, I wanted to get my new car protected with some paint protection film and window tint. I want to share my experience with other Tesla owners in hopes that I can help them pick the right shop.

After several weeks of research I decided to get all of my windows tinted and a full frontal clear bra from a shop in Queen Creek that touts their 'expertise' in working on Teslas. $2500 later I was left with such a poor job on a clear bra installation that there were literally parts of the film hanging off the car. There were seams visible everywhere and the film had a slight yellowish hue to it. By the time I drove home, the film had picked up enough of the Arizona freeway to be brown and an absolute eye-sore on my 10 day old white, model 3 performance. On top of that, they broke one of my side markers' camera housings during the installation.

I wanted this PPF removed. It was an eyesore on my car...but thankfully...

...I subscribe to a fellow Phoenician (Gjeebs) on Youtube who has recently been posting a lot about his new Model Y. He had recently gotten PPF and tint from a Tempe shop Dynamic Tint and was so impressed with their work that I decided to give them a call. After a short conversation with the owner Tyler, I decided to bring in my vehicle for him to remove the PPF as well as add some OEM, black Tesla logos. I was prepared to just take the loss of the PPF installation cost and pay for the removal. This was a tough pill to swallow...but like many new car owners, I wanted to be happy with how my car looked.

Tyler did a professional inspection of my car's clear bra and we worked out a fantastic price on its removal. I was already really happy with Tyler's level of professionalism and his empathy to my situation.

Later that evening I got a personal call from Tyler saying that he reached out to XPEL (the company that produces premier window tints/wraps/etc) and that together they would collaborate on making sure I was not only happy with how my new car looked, but also that it was protected from the ruthless AZ roads. They offered to remove the old clear bra AND install a complete new set for me at no additional cost to my original quote! I was blown away. The original film was not even an XPEL product!

48 hours later I arrived back at Dynamic Tint to find my Model 3 IMMACULATELY wrapped. It was literally perfect. No seams, no weird yellow hue, no exposed PPF flapping in the wind as I drive. The XPEL material is such high quality that even 1 inch away I cannot tell the difference between it and my factory paint. On top of it, the badges that Tyler had custom painted looked like Tesla stuck them on the car themselves.

THANK YOU DYNAMIC TINT AND XPEL!

TLDR:
Dynamic Tint in Tempe is, bar none, the best tint/auto protection shop in the valley. I have had several high-end vehicles worked on around the valley but I know where I'll be taking my future cars from now on. Their attention to detail is of the highest quality - just like the XPEL products they use. If you live in Phoenix, AZ - let me save you some time: just take your new car there and have them do it. After perusing their Instagram, I also found out that my brother's friend had his Ferrari worked on there too. These guys work on SERIOUS cars...they know what they are doing!

I'll post some before and after pictures so you can see for yourselves.

Attachments

• BC24A3B7-C100-4001-B01F-C94F8E0C8CD7.jpg
    BC24A3B7-C100-4001-B01F-C94F8E0C8CD7.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 52654299-4F4D-4ACF-9ACF-023AD6E9FEB2.jpg
    52654299-4F4D-4ACF-9ACF-023AD6E9FEB2.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_3850.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_3856.JPG
    IMG_3856.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 242
TLDR at bottom

I recently purchased a 2020 Model 3 Performance and, just like a lot of owners in the Phoenix area, I wanted to get my new car protected with some paint protection film and window tint. I want to share my experience with other Tesla owners in hopes that I can help them pick the right shop.

After several weeks of research I decided to get all of my windows tinted and a full frontal clear bra from a shop in Queen Creek that touts their 'expertise' in working on Teslas. $2500 later I was left with such a poor job on a clear bra installation that there were literally parts of the film hanging off the car. There were seams visible everywhere and the film had a slight yellowish hue to it. By the time I drove home, the film had picked up enough of the Arizona freeway to be brown and an absolute eye-sore on my 10 day old white, model 3 performance. On top of that, they broke one of my side markers' camera housings during the installation.

I wanted this PPF removed. It was an eyesore on my car...but thankfully...

...I subscribe to a fellow Phoenician (Gjeebs) on Youtube who has recently been posting a lot about his new Model Y. He had recently gotten PPF and tint from a Tempe shop Dynamic Tint and was so impressed with their work that I decided to give them a call. After a short conversation with the owner Tyler, I decided to bring in my vehicle for him to remove the PPF as well as add some OEM, black Tesla logos. I was prepared to just take the loss of the PPF installation cost and pay for the removal. This was a tough pill to swallow...but like many new car owners, I wanted to be happy with how my car looked.

Tyler did a professional inspection of my car's clear bra and we worked out a fantastic price on its removal. I was already really happy with Tyler's level of professionalism and his empathy to my situation.

Later that evening I got a personal call from Tyler saying that he reached out to XPEL (the company that produces premier window tints/wraps/etc) and that together they would collaborate on making sure I was not only happy with how my new car looked, but also that it was protected from the ruthless AZ roads. They offered to remove the old clear bra AND install a complete new set for me at no additional cost to my original quote! I was blown away. The original film was not even an XPEL product!

48 hours later I arrived back at Dynamic Tint to find my Model 3 IMMACULATELY wrapped. It was literally perfect. No seams, no weird yellow hue, no exposed PPF flapping in the wind as I drive. The XPEL material is such high quality that even 1 inch away I cannot tell the difference between it and my factory paint. On top of it, the badges that Tyler had custom painted looked like Tesla stuck them on the car themselves.

THANK YOU DYNAMIC TINT AND XPEL!

TLDR:
Dynamic Tint in Tempe is, bar none, the best tint/auto protection shop in the valley. I have had several high-end vehicles worked on around the valley but I know where I'll be taking my future cars from now on. Their attention to detail is of the highest quality - just like the XPEL products they use. If you live in Phoenix, AZ - let me save you some time: just take your new car there and have them do it. After perusing their Instagram, I also found out that my brother's friend had his Ferrari worked on there too. These guys work on SERIOUS cars...they know what they are doing!

I'll post some before and after pictures so you can see for yourselves.
Thanks for the great post here! I’m expecting our 2023 model Y to arrive soon and was looking for recommendations on where to get it tinted. I’m planning on going to talk with Tyler and your post has been the kind of customer satisfaction I’ve been hoping to find. Thanks again.

Thanks for the great post here! I’m expecting our 2023 model Y to arrive soon and was looking for recommendations on where to get it tinted. I’m planning on going to talk with Tyler and your post has been the kind of customer satisfaction I’ve been hoping to find. Thanks again.
Update as I spoke with Tyler last week and am looking forward to having him tint my 2023 MYLR this Thursday morning.