Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint Pricing Southern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Extreme Autowerks in Brea, CA quoted me the following:

Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion)
- Sides and Rear $1295+tax
- Windshield $450+tax
- Panoramic Roof $350

Total = $2095 Yikes!

For the model 3 back half they only have 70%, 55%, and 30% available

Does anyone have experience with Solar Gard XenithIR? Wolf Wraps in San Diego has a Groupon deal for $483. The Groupon page doesn't have details about what parts are covered, but I assume the windows and back glass. From what I'm reading in this thread that seems to be a good price for IR nano ceramic film. But I couldn't find much info about this particular film.

Extreme Autowerks in Brea, CA quoted me the following:

Prestige Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion)
- Sides and Rear $1295+tax
- Windshield $450+tax
- Panoramic Roof $350

Total = $2095 Yikes!

For the model 3 back half they only have 70%, 55%, and 30% available
That’s about right from what I’ve been reading. The tint prices seem all over the place and hard to tell how the install jobs will be.

They also did my Model Y. Same thing with the Wincos. I just did the front two and the windshield. I believe it was 450 or so. The owner said you didn’t have to the back two and the back windshield.
Is that saying that the sides and rear, which come darkened from factory, already have UV/IR protection? I read somewhere that factory "tints" are just darkened tempered glass with zero UV/IR protection... or does this not apply to Teslas?

You don't need expensive tint! Mine was $375 with all doors,one piece back & top part of windshield.
TM3P.jpg

2022 Model Y Performance tinted by G5 Tint Shop (Alhambra) with 3M Crystalline all around:

$250 for 3M CR70% Superior Ceramic Film for front windshield

$650 for 3M CR40% Superior Ceramic Film for full vehicle

$600 for 3M CR40% Superior Ceramic Film for top glass Sunroof

Warranty Automotive Lifetime
Lifetime Limited Warranty (blistering, bubbling, delaminating, color fading) 100% Free Replacement Labor & Material Included.

Attachments

• 597AE7D4-53D5-4454-A58A-9B9D15F19564.jpeg
    597AE7D4-53D5-4454-A58A-9B9D15F19564.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 409