Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint removal danger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
I made the mistake of taking up my window tint guy's upsell in tinting my windshield (albeit lightly at 70%) -- my night vision is terrible enough, and it's enough to make me uncomfortable driving in the evenings. I know there've been some people who have encountered issues with windshield tint and the car's electronics, but that's mostly been on installation. Has anyone had their windshield tint removed, and is there anything to look out for?

I made the mistake of taking up my window tint guy's upsell in tinting my windshield (albeit lightly at 70%) -- my night vision is terrible enough, and it's enough to make me uncomfortable driving in the evenings. I know there've been some people who have encountered issues with windshield tint and the car's electronics, but that's mostly been on installation. Has anyone had their windshield tint removed, and is there anything to look out for?

You will be fine. Make sure the shop removing tint uses steam rather than a chemical adhesive remover in order to ensure no damage is done to your dash or surrounding surfaces.