Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint Shop in Orange County?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Consider Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos. Ask for Bing. Solid work with a lot of experience in that shop. They’ve done hundreds of Teslas.

Don’t forget the C-Bond product for the tint. At bare minimum for the triangle windows.

They’re authorized for both Photosync and C-Bond. They also do Xpel and Opticoat and similar.

Here a few quotes I got from various locations, I want ceramic tint:

LLumar CTX - $765
Madico Nano-Ceramic Black Pearl - $815

3M Color Stable - $550

I am still waiting for some of the other locations I reached out to respond but I am currently considering the 3M Color Stable. Is that a good tint?

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Here a few quotes I got from various locations, I want ceramic tint:

LLumar CTX - $765
Madico Nano-Ceramic Black Pearl - $815

3M Color Stable - $550

I am still waiting for some of the other locations I reached out to respond but I am currently considering the 3M Color Stable. Is that a good tint?

Check out TW Tinting in Santa Ana (714-543-4677). I know he's done Teslas in the past. I've referred a bunch of people to him as well. Last time I was there (a few years ago now), the owner, Leo, still works on cars himself and he probably has close to 30 years of window tinting experience now. At the time, he only carried Madico.

3M Color Stable is 3Ms mid grade tint. I dont believe its ceramic though. I think it still a dyed film. 3Ms page makes no mention of ceramic, only "nano-carbon". I'd compare it more to like the Madico Charcool line. Most likely still a very good film, just not the best in terms of heat rejection, if that's your main concern.

Check out TW Tinting in Santa Ana (714-543-4677). I know he's done Teslas in the past. I've referred a bunch of people to him as well. Last time I was there (a few years ago now), the owner, Leo, still works on cars himself and he probably has close to 30 years of window tinting experience now. At the time, he only carried Madico.

3M Color Stable is 3Ms mid grade tint. I dont believe its ceramic though. I think it still a dyed film. 3Ms page makes no mention of ceramic, only "nano-carbon". I'd compare it more to like the Madico Charcool line. Most likely still a very good film, just not the best in terms of heat rejection, if that's your main concern.

I used TW Tint before on my Acura, Honda, Cadillac and had him do my Model X last year. But after the tint, I had to take my car into service multiple times to fix the window calibration and the tint is pealing off my FWD window.

And he can’t tint the rear model 3 window in one piece.

• Informative
I used TW Tint before on my Acura, Honda, Cadillac and had him do my Model X last year. But after the tint, I had to take my car into service multiple times to fix the window calibration and the tint is pealing off my FWD window.

Ah. Good to know. That's too bad.

I guess I'll have to see who you end up going with. For the quotes you've gotten so far, does that include the windshield? And those shops have told you they can do the rear window in 1 piece?

It might be a schlep, but I'd 100% call sunshield glass tinting in Van Nuys to get some quotes from Hameed. I've been going to them for years, and tried calling elsewhere on my last car because I thought I'd shop around. Sunshield destroyed the other prices by a pretty significant margin. Going to take my M3 there on Saturday (you can tell him Steve with the Model 3 coming in this weekend referred you). Good luck!

• Informative
I am using 3M Color Stable on my wife's spark EV, but only rear 3 windows. I went with other brand with the front two windows because 3M Color Stable doesn't offer 70 in film color. I hate getting pulled over for window tint so I try to play safe with tinting the front windows. Very good film, block out 52% heat according to 3M website. Been using for 1.5 years and no complaint so far.

Not to hijack this thread, but on a closely related topic, I am also in need of tinter in the OC. I have about 10 massive plate, plus 8 smaller windows, all overlooking the water, tinted about 30 years ago. The tint is now warped and every window needs to be redone. Do any of you know if any of these tinters do home installs in addition to cars? I met with one guy only, Mike's, but they insisted on using only the one ceramic product they carry, which I cannot recall the name (and is not even on their written estimate).

Not to hijack this thread, but on a closely related topic, I am also in need of tinter in the OC. I have about 10 massive plate, plus 8 smaller windows, all overlooking the water, tinted about 30 years ago. The tint is now warped and every window needs to be redone. Do any of you know if any of these tinters do home installs in addition to cars? I met with one guy only, Mike's, but they insisted on using only the one ceramic product they carry, which I cannot recall the name (and is not even on their written estimate).

I know Perfect Window Tint in Santa Ana does residential/commercial tinting (714-549-2200). He carries a wide range of film brands (Madico, Huper, Solargard)

Astro Eclipse Custom Glass Tinting
Home - Astro Eclipse
(714) 528-2291
350 E Orangethorpe Ave #26
Placentia, CA 92870

Astro Eclipse has tinted ALL our cars for 15+ years including our 2015 Model S P85D. They also tinted our 2006 Corvette Z06 which is VERY difficult to do right because it is a HUGE 3D curved window with gas strut mounts & defroster wires. Our tint was still like new after 10 years in sunny SoCal conditions. They also tinted a HUGE southwest facing roof deck window in our Corona del Mar home in 2000 which still looks great 17 years later.

Great people, fair prices and excellent work. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Astro Eclipse Custom Glass Tinting
Home - Astro Eclipse
(714) 528-2291
350 E Orangethorpe Ave #26
Placentia, CA 92870

Astro Eclipse has tinted ALL our cars for 15+ years including our 2015 Model S P85D. They also tinted our 2006 Corvette Z06 which is VERY difficult to do right because it is a HUGE 3D curved window with gas strut mounts & defroster wires. Our tint was still like new after 10 years in sunny SoCal conditions. They also tinted a HUGE southwest facing roof deck window in our Corona del Mar home in 2000 which still looks great 17 years later.

Great people, fair prices and excellent work. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Thank you! CDM is exactly where this is needed.

@K-MTG,

Why can’t he tint the rear in one piece? I believe TSportline did in their vid on the Black M3 Blackout...however he did say it required/and they used an ‘Oversized’ roll. Maybe that’s the reason.

Ski

Not sure about the Model 3 but my 2006 Corvette hatchback window had a VERY challenging shape... But Astro Eclipse tinted it perfectly and it stayed that way for 10 years. :cool:

Attachments

• 2006-chevrolet-corvette-z06-american-sports-car-rear-view-AR42AW.jpg
    2006-chevrolet-corvette-z06-american-sports-car-rear-view-AR42AW.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 128

Extreme Autowerks does homes. Ask for Bing, and do ask about their C-Bond products which work for home as well as the car to provide additional security.

Lemme see if I can find the YouTube video of when Extreme tinted their shop front door and then gave employees and customers baseball bats to try to get through it... aha - here it is.

• Informative
Reactions: 4SUPER9