Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint Shops in NoVA/MD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Group install .. Yeah if your car doesn't catch fire, we will use you as a warning ;).
Good get together. We are so closeby, I'm up for an impromptu anytime.

When I read your post my brain shorted to "yum groupinstall" so I think it's a sign that I need to take a break and get away from the desk.

If only it were as easy as: yum groupinstall "Dash Cam"

Reactions: Sir Guacamolaf
For another tint installer recommendation, if you are open to a bit of a hike; Dr. Tint in Hagerstown is awesome. They did my Tesla, every single piece of glass (all doors, hatch, pano roof panels, and windshield) for $505 installed. 3M Crystalline, we rubbed the 3M logo off two days after the install to ensure the job was perfect and that I was getting the product I paid for. Awesome team at Dr. Tint, if you are open to the drive up to Hagerstown

For another tint installer recommendation, if you are open to a bit of a hike; Dr. Tint in Hagerstown is awesome. They did my Tesla, every single piece of glass (all doors, hatch, pano roof panels, and windshield) for $505 installed. 3M Crystalline, we rubbed the 3M logo off two days after the install to ensure the job was perfect and that I was getting the product I paid for. Awesome team at Dr. Tint, if you are open to the drive up to Hagerstown

That's an awesome price to tint everything with 3m Crystalline. Do you have pics of the tint and %? A contact at Dr Tint? Thanks!

That's an awesome price to tint everything with 3m Crystalline. Do you have pics of the tint and %? A contact at Dr Tint? Thanks!

I got 50% all around, it is the only 3M Crystalline they have in house. Hagerstown isn't a high end tint area, so they keep their high end stock limited.

Dr. Tint
Address: 701 Dual Hwy, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Phone: (301) 416-7927

The owner usually answers the phone and I am the only Tesla they have ever done, so they will know the quote well. I just looked at the quote again and the total was $502 not $505. The car is currently at the Rockville Service center, Red Signature 85, if any one is close and wants to see it in person. It should be sitting outside for the next couple of days. The look is awesome, the windows suppress significant heat, and while I was nervous tinting the front windshield, my wife loves the glare reduction.

IMG_20160713_152036.jpg IMG_20160713_150732.jpg IMG_20160713_150725.jpg IMG_20160713_150719.jpg
IMG_20160713_152036.jpg
IMG_20160713_150732.jpg
IMG_20160713_150725.jpg
IMG_20160713_150719.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Xenius
That looks really good! Darker than I was expecting for 50, but I really like it.
I couldn't get the best pictures. The tint looks much darker in the pictures than it actually is, the tint is still see through in the sun and I think is the perfect shade. Also, 50% is the only legal shade after you account for manufactures tint. The installer did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend the 3M Crystalline to anyone that is looking for tint. 50% was perfect for meas well.

Picking up on an old thread.... but asking for the No. VA area, specifically around Ashburn, VA.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to Photosync or Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle. A friend of mine recommended LA Tint in Sterling, but I don’t think they do Photosync. I will call them tomorrow to confirm.

The Pinnacle is approx. $450, which from these discussions seems like a reasonable price. How does this compare with Photosync (which seems to be the favorite on this forum) in terms of price and performance? Pretty close? Also, does anyone have recommendations for an installer for Photosync?

Picking up on an old thread.... but asking for the No. VA area, specifically around Ashburn, VA.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to Photosync or Llumar FormulaOne Pinnacle. A friend of mine recommended LA Tint in Sterling, but I don’t think they do Photosync. I will call them tomorrow to confirm.

The Pinnacle is approx. $450, which from these discussions seems like a reasonable price. How does this compare with Photosync (which seems to be the favorite on this forum) in terms of price and performance? Pretty close? Also, does anyone have recommendations for an installer for Photosync?

One of my auto detailer friends recommended TLC auto detail out in Loudoun. They do photosync but they qouted me a price of my $900 for my S. In manassass there is LA Tint which quoted me $650.