Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint the glass pano roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
isn't it already tinted from the factory? From the exterior shots I've seen it sure looks that way....
Yes it's tinted with UV protection. I'm interested in adding a layer of ceramic TINT (not ceramic coating). I did that to the sunroof on my current ICE vehicle and it made the car much cooler on hot, sunny days in sunny Georgia. It also means that the AC doesn't have to work as hard to maintain a given temperature.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Steve
Central Texas car with a couple of 90 degree, sunny days since delivery. No issues. Swore we'd need to tint here, but now not so sure. August will be my determining factor!

The car also has the Automatic Overheat Protection that kicks on the HVAC above 105 deg and > 20% in the cell.

Reactions: Matsayz
We had our MS side windows tinted by a shop in Charleston SC. We asked about tinting the pano roof they said they did not recommend it. We opted for the Tesla pano roof shades instead. My wife loves it and I hate it since I don't dare open the roof while the shades are in place. The shades are also a pain in the butt to install.

I put Infrared 30% tint on the roof. I have also heard you shouldn’t put ceramic up there but I can’t confirm if that’s actually true. I haven’t seen it yet so no review how it looks or works yet.

Yes it's tinted with UV protection. I'm interested in adding a layer of ceramic TINT (not ceramic coating). I did that to the sunroof on my current ICE vehicle and it made the car much cooler on hot, sunny days in sunny Georgia. It also means that the AC doesn't have to work as hard to maintain a given temperature.

You should look into Spectra Photosync IRD, the best heat blocking window film in the industry. Spectra PhotoSync IRD® | Prestige

In Atlanta, we'd recommend All Pro Window Tinting. https://www.allprowindowtinting.com/

Reactions: liuping
We've been tinting Teslas since 2012 and have tinted many Model S panos, Model 3 full rear glass, Model X full windshield without any issues. If you do a search on glass cracking issues on Teslas, the glass cracking issues on some of theses cars happens with or without tint.

Reactions: Matsayz