Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint: Which shop does 20% ceramic with a 1-piece rear window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Location: Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto (or anywhere in between!)

I'm struggling to find a shop able to do a 20% tint 1-piece rear window. Many only do partial tints, or 2-piece tints, or only offer 35% for a 1-piece job as they need to order a full roll.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop that will do 20% in 1-piece? Looking for a top quality job here: tint right to the top of the window (no gap), smooth cut, and no dust/lint.

Location: Ottawa, Montreal, or Toronto (or anywhere in between!)

I'm struggling to find a shop able to do a 20% tint 1-piece rear window. Many only do partial tints, or 2-piece tints, or only offer 35% for a 1-piece job as they need to order a full roll.

Can anyone recommend a reputable shop that will do 20% in 1-piece? Looking for a top quality job here: tint right to the top of the window (no gap), smooth cut, and no dust/lint.

I got my 20% one-piece ceramic tint (XPEL) along with PPF and ceramic coating interior & exterior here. Highly recommended!

Is Your Vehicle Naked? – Paint Protection Film & Ceramic Coatings

This is great! We have family in Mississauga. I'll keep this in mind for the fall when we can hopefully travel again. Thanks!

Jay is an amazing dude - very knowledgeable and thorough. I bombarded him with questions and he answered all of them patiently. If you get a couple things done (PPF, ceramic coat etc) he will even throw in a 'bundle discount'.

fyi my rear window eventually had a stress crack tesla claims its because of the tint

That is Tesla dishing out BS. The crack is most likely a manufacturing issue with the glass itself. Many people all over the forums without any tint have also had this issue and there is nothing conclusive that proves that the tint had anything to do with it. Here is one such thread where folks without any tint also had their rear glass crack:
Rear glass cracked

During my research, I checked with multiple high volume tint installers in the GTA (West Side Pro, Elegant Motoring, Evelyn etc) and not a single one of them had experienced any rear glass cracks due to tint.

• Informative
Reactions: TheWulf