Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint/Wrap/Electronics Recommendations Seattle area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
75D is showing up in a couple weeks. I am looking for a good shop in the Seattle area for tint, wrap services, and dash-cam, etc. All one shop or multiple, but looking for someone that is used to working on Teslas. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Seattle Tesla sent me to Accutint. I'm not sure it was all that great of a job, and the price was high. I would recommend shopping around. With some other quotes, I'm sure you could get a better price than I got. The Xpel was OK, but the front window has a lot of stuff under the film, which I didn't realize was under the film until too late. That said, the clear front window ceramic film is EXTREMELY good at heat reduction.

Dashcam - no-brainer. Calibred custom - 310-654-0532 - is the gold standard. He comes to Seattle periodically and does fantastic work. You can get two-camera or four-camera installed. He'll just come where you are. You'll find everybody in the forum agrees. Great followup support, too. I had a failed memory card, which he came by and replaced.

Here at Metropolitan Detail we have fully wrapped over 200 Teslas and several hundred more front end wraps, tints, ceramic coatings etc. under our belts. We use the most high tech film on the market STEK DYNOshield, a self healing, hydrophobic and extremely glossy paint protection film, and here is a video showing a complete wrap.

We are also TMC sponsors and have our own Tesla Model S as a loaner car to use while your wrap is completed.

Regards,

John Kleven
www.metropolitandetail.com

+1 for Metropolitan Detail. They took great care of us and our X. Tinted driver and passenger windows, partial wrap, and opticoat.

Great folks!

As for electronics... I haven't found anyone yet. Might have to give Calibrated a call. Still want a dashcam set up.

Dashcam - no-brainer. Calibred custom - 310-654-0532 - is the gold standard. He comes to Seattle periodically and does fantastic work. You can get two-camera or four-camera installed. He'll just come where you are. You'll find everybody in the forum agrees. Great followup support, too. I had a failed memory card, which he came by and replaced.

John from Calibred Custom's is working on a trip up in Oct, so if anyone is looking to get something done now is the time to call him.

For Tint/Wrap detailing I'd recommend NorthWest Auto Salon. I know the owner (Blake) and he's done all the work on my past 2 cars and will be doing a wrap on my Model X. For a while over 50% of their work was Tesla as the Bellevue Square and SLU locations would always refer people to NWAS. They do great work.

Guy at Tesla Bellevue recommend I check out Kyler at Kyler's Auto Detail (206-817-0252).
Sorry you other guys spent so much... :eek:
I got the Xpel Ultimate full wrap on the front end (so no lines to see), Gtechniq ceramic coating, window tint (reduces heat + UV rays) on all windows (SO wanted 25%), and painted my calipers (red, of course) - $3500 *including tax*.
Also, Kyler (who's shop is in Kent) met me downtown to take my car and dropped it back off at my home (UW area).
As someone who travels 100% for work, this was uber helpful for me.
I highly recommend him!
If you call him, tell him space.monkey sent ya. :p

Swung by his place for a minute yesterday and they washed my car just because: :D
Model S.jpg

2017 Model S 75D | Solid Black | Sunroof | 19" | Black + Light | Enhanced Autopilot | Smart Air Suspension | Premium Package | Xpel Ultimate | Gtechniq ceramic