Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expecting to take delivery of a M3 Red/White interior late this month and want to get the rear and sides tinted. Just stuck with what to do with rear window, half or full? With kids I was just worried that it might make the glass roof hard to see out of since it would be essentially double tinted. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Full.

If one is going to tint the rear window / roof glass, if it is done only 1/2 way it is extremely visible from the inside where the cutoff point is. You won't notice much from the outside.

If you are worried about it being too dark for the roof side, perhaps a lighter shade for the glass in comparison to the sides?

Full.

If one is going to tint the rear window / roof glass, if it is done only 1/2 way it is extremely visible from the inside where the cutoff point is. You won't notice much from the outside.

If you are worried about it being too dark for the roof side, perhaps a lighter shade for the glass in comparison to the sides?
Thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking that option also but I wanted a consistent look all around. I'm going to get the PPF, ceramic coating and tinting done at Ceramic Pro Markham so I'll tell him my concerns and see they recommend.

Thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking that option also but I wanted a consistent look all around. I'm going to get the PPF, ceramic coating and tinting done at Ceramic Pro Markham so I'll tell him my concerns and see they recommend.
I just got mine done as a 1 piece at 35% . I can go look again but my first impressions is that I see a big difference in the previously untinted areas, but on the darker, already tinted roof part I don't see any difference (e.g. in comparisons to the closer to the front roof glass which was left untouched with factory tint). It may be because it is a bit cloudy today, can look on a more sunny day / time and report back.

Full.

I just got mine done as a 1 piece at 35% . I can go look again but my first impressions is that I see a big difference in the previously untinted areas, but on the darker, already tinted roof part I don't see any difference (e.g. in comparisons to the closer to the front roof glass which was left untouched with factory tint). It may be because it is a bit cloudy today, can look on a more sunny day / time and report back.
After looking at some pictures of the back just half done I think your right, it just looks unfinished. Good to know 35% didn't make it noticeably darker. Did you do the doors at 35% also?

I am regretting my XPEL tint. It's too dark on points at night. Wasted 400$ CAD getting it done, I will most-likely going to get it re-done but with ceramic.

that sucks to hear
What windows were tinted for $400?

I had 35% ceramic tints (formula something) on my 2 door sports car years (like 10 yrs) back on 2 windows, both rear quarter windows and back window for $500 and it was definitely hard to see out at night to the point I had to roll down windows

I just want to match the front with back and top and have a clear tint on windshield to keep out UV

still didn’t research yet how much this would all cost nowadays