TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tinted and Opticoated

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by AMPd, Jul 30, 2016.

1. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

[​IMG]

Now I'm not a huge fan of opticoat due to having a bad experience with it the last time I had it done.
    Basically the last time I had it done it lasted less than a year.
    But decided to give it another shot, initially i was going to get it XPEL wrapped but since it's a lease and I'm not sure I'll be keeping it I decided to save the money.

The car came out looking fantastic!

Thanks to Mike @ Appearance Solutions in Sacramento, for those in the Sacramento are I definitely recommend this shop, it's the second tesla he's done for me and both times the car came out perfect!

• Like x 2
  2. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Nice and shiny.

What kind of tint did you end up with?
    Did you have the windshield or pano panels tinted as well?
    Was there a separate charge for paint correction prior to the application of the Opti-Coat Pro?
    What sort of warranty came with the OCP?

That's quite the investment in a leased car :). But interior heat/glare abatement and ease of exterior cleanup over 36 months or longer are certainly worth the one-time expense.

3. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

I'm not sure of the brand, it's a ceramic tint. Already love it, definitely feel less heat in this California sun
    Yes got the windshield tinted, not the pano roof.
    There was no separate charge, I assumed the 1200 bucks for the opticoat includes the paint correction
    I'm waiting for the warranty email from the manufacturer, I'll let you know the details when I receive it.

• Like x 1