Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinted and Opticoated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
4wYETRu.jpg

Now I'm not a huge fan of opticoat due to having a bad experience with it the last time I had it done.
Basically the last time I had it done it lasted less than a year.
But decided to give it another shot, initially i was going to get it XPEL wrapped but since it's a lease and I'm not sure I'll be keeping it I decided to save the money.

The car came out looking fantastic!

Thanks to Mike @ Appearance Solutions in Sacramento, for those in the Sacramento are I definitely recommend this shop, it's the second tesla he's done for me and both times the car came out perfect!

Nice and shiny.

What kind of tint did you end up with?
Did you have the windshield or pano panels tinted as well?
Was there a separate charge for paint correction prior to the application of the Opti-Coat Pro?
What sort of warranty came with the OCP?

That's quite the investment in a leased car :). But interior heat/glare abatement and ease of exterior cleanup over 36 months or longer are certainly worth the one-time expense.

Nice and shiny.

What kind of tint did you end up with?
Did you have the windshield or pano panels tinted as well?
Was there a separate charge for paint correction prior to the application of the Opti-Coat Pro?
What sort of warranty came with the OCP?

That's quite the investment in a leased car :). But interior heat/glare abatement and ease of exterior cleanup over 36 months or longer are certainly worth the one-time expense.
I'm not sure of the brand, it's a ceramic tint. Already love it, definitely feel less heat in this California sun
Yes got the windshield tinted, not the pano roof.
There was no separate charge, I assumed the 1200 bucks for the opticoat includes the paint correction
I'm waiting for the warranty email from the manufacturer, I'll let you know the details when I receive it.

Reactions: TaoJones