Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinted, De-Chromed, and 22PLE Coated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I love the Model S, I am not a huge fan of Chrome, so recently I went through the process of De-Chroming, Tinting and having and incredible detailer finish off the job with some minor paint correction as well as a final coating of 22PLE finish. I cannot tell you have great this looks in person, but I have attached a few shots to show the final product.

9091245081_1afe8867dc_o.jpg
9091246529_fcfae64190_o.jpg
9091255433_49c78daef6_o.jpg
9093462998_1fbe1fb3e9_o.jpg
9093463706_b840d49667_o.jpg
9093464354_2c167ae2b4_o.jpg
9093469434_67b07b8f9d_o.jpg

for a black car this look fantastic
now you just need a thin 10% black film for the tail light

Thats a great idea! I may have to look into that. I didnt get a great shot of the rear, but it looks amazing as well. I carbon fiber wrapped the lower black plastic piece and it make the car look so much sportier.

I feel like it should float on light as it seems to absorb it all. Any chance you might add wheel well lighting or chassis lighting?

I doubt the lighting is going to happen....might put the wife over the edge!

J

That is one of the best looking black cars I have ever seen! I have a white P85 with pano roof and grey wheels and love it, but your car looks fantastic. You will spend many happy hours washing though unless that 22PLE keeps dirt off well. I can go 2 weeks without washing my white car with CQuartz Finest sealant and it still looks clean.

The name Esoteric Auto Detail sounds familiar. Detailed Image website?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Esoteric is located in New Albany Ohio, a suburb of Columbus. Todd does amazing work and specializes in exotic cars. While my car was in there were three Ferrari and a Maserati waiting or completed. The website is Esoteric Auto Detail in Columbus, Ohio Detailing, Training, and Product Sales..

Looks sharp but I don't think I'd pull the trigger on something like this unless they could match the gloss of the black paint a bit more closely. The black pieces that cover the trim appear to be sort of a flat black.

I looked at the "glossy" vinyl and it matched perfectly, but I really like that flat look better when comparing the two. If you curious about using glossy, I would say go for it because the sample area we did was a dead match. But this really is a personal preference.

Thanks for all the great feedback!