Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting 2016 MS!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$1,500 is high in my opinion.

I paid $1,500 for formula one pinnacle ceramic tint on all windows + windshield and suntek paint protection film on the whole front of the car (full hood, quarter panels, bumper, rear luggage area and door handles).

The tint alone would have been around $400- $500 I think. A supposedly higher quality film should not be $1,000 more...

I recently inquired a local business to tiny my brand new 2016 MS that should be here late may. Here is the quote that gave me... 1500 plus tax? is that a good deal or no?

Prestige Spectra PhotoSync Tint

Here's your quote:
- sides and rear $750+tax
- windshield $395+tax
- panoramic roof $350+tax

I'm getting my 4 door windows done for $120 total on Monday here: Google Maps

$1,500 for a full front end clear bra is incredibly cheap on its own. I can't believe that only $1,500 will get you clear bra and tint on all of your windows, regardless of brand or quality of install.

I feel like Tesla owners, like myself, bought their car for its high-tech factor. Personally, I believe that everything aftermarket I put on the car has to have that same high-tech feel, otherwise I deem it sub par. Maybe others have a different opinion...

I recently inquired a local business to tiny my brand new 2016 MS that should be here late may. Here is the quote that gave me... 1500 plus tax? is that a good deal or no?

Prestige Spectra PhotoSync Tint

Here's your quote:
- sides and rear $750+tax
- windshield $395+tax
- panoramic roof $350+tax

wow...couple of initial thoughts...first, thats about 1000.00 more than it should be. Second, its illegal in California to tint your front windshield unless you are talking about the top band which already has a line it tint in the mfg.

$1,500 for a full front end clear bra is incredibly cheap on its own. I can't believe that only $1,500 will get you clear bra and tint on all of your windows, regardless of brand or quality of install.

I feel like Tesla owners, like myself, bought their car for its high-tech factor. Personally, I believe that everything aftermarket I put on the car has to have that same high-tech feel, otherwise I deem it sub par. Maybe others have a different opinion...

I've been going to the same place for 15 years and they do great work. I thought it was cheap too. But I came out great. They used the Llumar PPF which is the same as Suntek from what I was told.

If anyone is in SE Florida send me a message and I will give you details.