Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting advise M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tinting the front window in 70% will appear clear from the outside. No way they will even know its tinted and it helps in blocking the UV. I dod 30% for the rest of the windows but it looks lighter because it has a white interior. Make sure they do the rear window as a single piece and not split.

$700 for all with lifetime warranty.
Hey - since you went 30% on the sides with the white interior, do you see a reflection of the white dashboard on your side mirrors? Thats my fear doing the front sides too dark.

How are installers tinting the front windows? My guy doesn’t want to use a heat gun because of the dual pane windows. I ended up having bubbles in the front, which I’m going back to get fixed since it has been about 2 weeks now. There’s also 1-2 small bubbles in the rear glass but I don’t want him to fix it. I’m afraid he’ll damage the defrost lines.

How are installers tinting the front windows? My guy doesn’t want to use a heat gun because of the dual pane windows. I ended up having bubbles in the front, which I’m going back to get fixed since it has been about 2 weeks now. There’s also 1-2 small bubbles in the rear glass but I don’t want him to fix it. I’m afraid he’ll damage the defrost lines.
I have been tinting 25 yrs and am a tesla owner.

There is no need to heat the glass after application if you know what you are doing.

Frameless Tesla doors are some of the easiest I have ever done. They should be perfect when you leave except for water which will dry in the sun but what you are talking about does not aound like “bubbles” it aound like dust or contamination.

Reactions: goldenstate01