Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting for M X. Any good source for windshield tinting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my Model X at highland Park. Any recommendations for a tinting person?
Has anyone had front windshield tinted? Yes I know it's not legal but I have had all my cars' front windshield tinted, for 15 years but my guy doesn't want to risk tinting the windshield of a Tesla, because he's worried that the water used during tinting will get in to electronics accidentally. He says that 1 in 25 cars whose front windshield was tinted, had issues due to water dripping into the dash while tinting.

I had my S windshield tinted locally in Cincinnati, but no one would do our X (too big). I went to Columbus. Company below did a great job. They get supercars in from all over the country. If you can't find someone closer to Chicago, give them a call.

ESOTERIC - Fine Auto Finishing
9801 Karmar Ct, New Albany, OH 43054
(614) 855-6855
Google Maps

You might want to try the appropriate local thread here and/or find a local owners group.

Local place in Austin will tint (practically clear 90%) the front on an X. Not sure how they do it, but they tell me they use one piece.

They told me that they had to do some minor disassembly on a 3 to be able to pack in towels to keep electronics dry. I didn't ask about the X.