Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tinting Front Windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
70 on the windshield and 25 on the sides. I was debating between 70 and 50, but because I have black seats I didn't want to chance the 50 since it will look too dark.
Thanks!

How has it been with the couple of scorchers we have had since May?
Did you go with XPEL Ceramic or something else?
Was it all perfect first time?

Did you consider roof tinting?
If you didn't would you consider it now that you have had it a while?

And lastly how was the pricing?

Where I live the sticker is on the inside of the front windshield :( So every year they scrape the old ones off and stick on new ones.. but if the tint is there it will damage the tint as they take it on and off... probably could come up with some type of clear plastic holder for it, maybe use a badge holder and just have them stick it to that or something, then find a way to mount the badge holder safely so it can be taken on and off every year.
My tint shop gave me clear window clings (little rectangles you can cut to size). Put the sicker on window cling and window cling on the tinted windshield. Used this for my Tolltag and registration sticker.

I have xpel xr plus on the windshield and wanted the top tinted as well. Shop tried putting it on but it would not stick to the existing tint. Apparently they spoke to Xpel and they said that the XR plus has a hard time sticking to itself. First car I've actually used nano ceramic. I've had other cars with regular ceramic tint on windshield with a tint strip on top of it with no issues...

Tinted mine out here in L.A.

Attachments

• E4F2A92D-329B-4AFD-A857-E3875E6363B7.jpeg
    E4F2A92D-329B-4AFD-A857-E3875E6363B7.jpeg
    740.9 KB · Views: 161
Thanks!

How has it been with the couple of scorchers we have had since May?
Did you go with XPEL Ceramic or something else?
Was it all perfect first time?

Did you consider roof tinting?
If you didn't would you consider it now that you have had it a while?

And lastly how was the pricing?
Sorry for the delay response.

I would say it help in terms my arms were as sunburned as before. Most tints are pretty good. I opted for "Vortex IR" since that is what the shop only carried. No issues so far. I did noticed at night while looking at a lamp post or anything bright of a flare, but eventually got used to it.

I did not consider roof tinting at the time as I have a cover to protect my head. I did want to leave the roof untinted to allow any heat escape (from what I read online that if all windows are tinted it will create a heat pressure and potential crack in window because it gets too hot inside; unsure if that is true or not, but did not want to take a chance). pricing depends on where you are located, in the bay area is is a bit more because of the "tesla tax" so total around $900ish? I can't remember. Just an update too since we are in rain season. Definitely happy I got 70% as it already is a bit difficult to see in the rain at night. I can't image how it would be like in 50% in the rain. Good luck and I hope this helps.